Help please! statement to prove my age upon enrollment?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ScottRiqui

Re: Help please! statement to prove my age upon enrollment?

Postby ScottRiqui » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:36 am

bbsexclusively wrote:I really have no idea why the committee wants me to send something that doesn't even exist. I can't believe I'll never have a chance to get into law school because of this.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:45 am

bbsexclusively wrote: I can't believe I'll never have a chance to get into law school because of this.

Hahahaha. Solid name for your troll account by the way.

Ramius

Postby Ramius » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:50 am

I can't believe I'll never have a chance to get into law school because of this.

Hahaha seriously? Based on all the evidence in this thread, law schools may be getting off lucky if this stops you from applying to law school.

Do us all a favor and grow up a little bit before you come back to this (or any) thread and grow up A LOT before you show up inside a law school classroom. If you can't handle this, there is no way you'll be able to handle it come exam time.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:27 am

OP, have you been asssuming the identity of people who died at birth? Has LSAC discovered that you are a Highlander?

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:34 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:OP, have you been asssuming the identity of people who died at birth? Has LSAC discovered that you are a the Highlander?

There was one, and he stopped mattering after he killed the Kurgan.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:43 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:
bbsexclusively wrote: I can't believe I'll never have a chance to get into law school because of this.

Hahahaha. Solid name for your troll account by the way.

Yeah, the solution for this is so straightforward and simple that OP has to be trolling.

TheSpanishMain

Postby TheSpanishMain » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 am

I really, really thought the username meant "bareback sex exclusively."

whynot123

Postby whynot123 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:10 pm

bbsexclusively wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
bbsexclusively wrote:Actually I've already went to the registrar several times. They just don't have that kind of thing. What else can I do? LSAC just can't stop evaluating my transcripts because of something that doesn't exist. That'd totally...

Just because they don't have a form for it doesn't mean they can't verify your age. Take them your passport, ask them to write on a piece of school letterhead something to the effect of "our records and the government issued ID presented by Joe Schmo indicate that his birthday is Jan 1, 1992." Include a copy of your passport photo page. See if you can get it notarized if you really want to go nuts.

And calm down.

First, I already went to the rigistrar, and she said the school doesn't provide that kind of service. Second, my graduate certification already has my birthday and the year of attendance. I really have no idea why the committee wants me to send something that doesn't even exist. I can't believe I'll never have a chance to get into law school because of this.

Kiddo, you're overreacting. I went to college at 16 and while I haven't received anything from LSAC... These posters are right. Go to your registrar, be super sweet, and ask if they can whip something (really just anything) that says you are the age stated on the official documentation. Keep in mind it is the registrar's job to help you (as best as possible) get the documentation for further education. Be polite. If going to the registrar isn't helping, email the dean or the person in charge of the registrar's office and explain the situation to them.

Don't give up just because they are telling you no.

McGruff

Postby McGruff » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:23 pm

whynot123 wrote:
bbsexclusively wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
bbsexclusively wrote:Actually I've already went to the registrar several times. They just don't have that kind of thing. What else can I do? LSAC just can't stop evaluating my transcripts because of something that doesn't exist. That'd totally...

Just because they don't have a form for it doesn't mean they can't verify your age. Take them your passport, ask them to write on a piece of school letterhead something to the effect of "our records and the government issued ID presented by Joe Schmo indicate that his birthday is Jan 1, 1992." Include a copy of your passport photo page. See if you can get it notarized if you really want to go nuts.

And calm down.

First, I already went to the rigistrar, and she said the school doesn't provide that kind of service. Second, my graduate certification already has my birthday and the year of attendance. I really have no idea why the committee wants me to send something that doesn't even exist. I can't believe I'll never have a chance to get into law school because of this.

Kiddo, you're overreacting. I went to college at 16 and while I haven't received anything from LSAC... These posters are right. Go to your registrar, be super sweet, and ask if they can whip something (really just anything) that says you are the age stated on the official documentation. Keep in mind it is the registrar's job to help you (as best as possible) get the documentation for further education. Be polite. If going to the registrar isn't helping, email the dean or the person in charge of the registrar's office and explain the situation to them.

Don't give up just because they are telling you no.

Can't emphasize the "be super sweet" part enough. If your requests in person are anywhere near as defeatist and whiny as your posts here, it's hardly surprising that you've gotten nowhere at the registrar's office. It's a crucial life skill that a lot of us don't learn until we get older, but now's a great time to learn it. When dealing with people in institutions, your attitude and presentation will make a huge difference in the treatment and results you get.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”