C&F Disclosure Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Power_of_Facing

C&F Disclosure Question

Postby Power_of_Facing » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:24 pm

So, for a few schools, the C&F disclosure sections of their applications do not make any overt distinction between arrests, DUIs, etc. vs. minor traffic infractions. They do, however, encourage applicants to err on the side of full disclosure. Fair enough.

Does anyone know what constitutes ample disclosure for infractions like these? I have some parking tickets (paid, obviously) from several years ago that I don't have any record of anymore. Am I disclosing sufficiently if I vaguely state that I have received and paid parking tickets and the odd speeding ticket or two over the years? Or do I need to scour my files for every parking ticket receipt from five years ago and send out like an itemized list?

iamgeorgebush

Re: C&F Disclosure Question

Postby iamgeorgebush » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:24 am

Having just completed the C&F section of the applications to all the T14 schools, I am quite certain that no T14 school (and I expect no lower-ranked school) requires disclosure of parking tickets. Most don't require disclosure of minor traffic violations either, although some (e.g. Columbia) do. Pay careful attention to the wording of the C&F questions on each application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”