What to say about the blank period? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stcait

New

What to say about the blank period?

Post by stcait » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:26 am

Hi

I wonder, when I take off a year or two to study for LSAT, what should I write for the blank period in resume?
Would it (the blank period) give bad impression?

Thank you

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Re: What to say about the blank period?

Post by WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 am

TCR is get a job during your year off and stop trying to convince yourself that you'll work 40 hours/week practicing for the LSAT

banjo

Silver

Post by banjo » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 am

You don't need a year or two (!) to study for the LSAT. Definitely get a job and study on weeknights and weekends.

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:28 am

banjo wrote:You don't need a year or two (!) to study for the LSAT. Definitely get a job and study on weeknights and weekends.

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:07 am

cotiger wrote:
banjo wrote:You don't need a year or two (!) to study for the LSAT. Definitely get a job and study on weeknights and weekends.
Yes, OP, your idea is utterly insane.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

notalobbyist

Bronze

Post by notalobbyist » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 pm

If you're worried about work interfering, you still don't need 1-2 years. I quit my job and studied for 4 months and felt prepared. 1-2 years is a schedule for working full time imho. Granted, its very hard to study if you get called in on weekends or have to stay late, which is why I ended up leaving.

stcait

New

Post by stcait » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 am

notalobbyist wrote:If you're worried about work interfering, you still don't need 1-2 years. I quit my job and studied for 4 months and felt prepared. 1-2 years is a schedule for working full time imho. Granted, its very hard to study if you get called in on weekends or have to stay late, which is why I ended up leaving.
Can I ask what you wrote about the blank in your resume?

OK...maybe 1-2 years is too long, but still I think I need to take some time off to focus on LSAT.
And wonder what to write about the period without making bad impression...any ideas? :(

DPW_Yes

New

Post by DPW_Yes » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:42 am

I would make sure that my resume is accurate and honest. It's very risky to try to package a blank into something positive. As some of the others said, you don't need the entire day to study for the LSAT. In fact, I wouldn't recommend it. I would definitely at least get one or more interesting part-time job(s) that I would not be embarrassed to put on my resume.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”