If you submit your application early

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
samantha.b233

If you submit your application early

Postby samantha.b233 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:30 pm

So most of the schools say they review applications on a rolling basis. Some of them say they start doing it in October, some in November, even though many of them start accepting the application on September 1.

So if I submit my application early, say I submit my app for Penn in October, who starts to review in November, on what time basis do they review the apps submitted in September and October? Rolling basis, which means they have a sort of "time stamp" for when each application is submitted/completed? Or in another order, such as by last name, etc.?

Another question is, most, if not all, schools start to review your application once it's "completed." If they start to review in November, and I submit my application in September, can I add an extra LOR in October?

Many thanks to anyone who can give an answer!

midwest17

Re: If you submit your application early

Postby midwest17 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:52 pm

You're over-thinking this. Submit your applications when you're ready to. The difference between September and November won't matter.

samantha.b233

Postby samantha.b233 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:35 am

midwest17 wrote:You're over-thinking this. Submit your applications when you're ready to. The difference between September and November won't matter.

Can I add an extra LOR after I submit the application but before they "start" to review it?

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:51 am

samantha.b233 wrote:
midwest17 wrote:You're over-thinking this. Submit your applications when you're ready to. The difference between September and November won't matter.

Can I add an extra LOR after I submit the application but before they "start" to review it?

I suppose you could submit everything to claim a place in line and then try to get the other LOR in before they actually look at it, but again, you're putting too much emphasis on the early application thing. If you think the LOR is important for your application, then it's best to wait to submit until you have it in. If it's not important, it's probably better not to send it at all.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”