Retake or No? Admissions interpretation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Retake or No? Admissions interpretation

Postby MarineLaw » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:06 pm

158/3.4 or no?
Last edited by MarineLaw on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Retake or No? Admissions interpretation

Postby AnonymousAlterEgoC » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:23 am

How much did you study the first time around? I don't know how to advise you from a financial perspective, but I think that if you think you can significantly improve your 158, you're probably right.

Postby KarenButtenbaum » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:43 pm

If you stay in law school this semester, you should really focus on doing well in school. All of the other things are predictive measures of how well you'll do in law school, but your grades are your actual performance in law school and schools will see this work when you decide to apply.
I wouldn't go too far down the path of law school if you want to start over. But if you finish the equivalent of one year full-time study, you'll be eligible for transfer.

Postby altoid99 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you won't be eligible to apply as a first-year JD student if you have law school credits. Therefore, if you finish up this semester at your law school and decide to attend another law school sometime later, you'll be considered a transfer student. So if you want to start over fresh at a different law school you should probably withdraw before earning any credits. Otherwise, retaking the LSAT will be a moot point since you'll have to apply as a transfer.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”