2014 JD appl

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zhifeixie

2014 JD appl

Postby zhifeixie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:42 pm

earlier UCLA sent
Last edited by zhifeixie on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Connor Benz

Re: 2014 JD applicant: UCLA requested Interview. Anyone else?

Postby Connor Benz » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:26 pm

zhifeixie wrote:earlier UCLA sent me an e-mail requesting a skype interview, luckily I have some time to prepare.
I was wondering whether anyone here also got this request? I know now it's weekend. Anyone who did this interview already? I want to first be familiar with what kind of questions they asked. Also those who is going to do this, we can discuss together and share some information maybe? also welcome those who had experience in interview but not with ucla, i think it will help too.

Has already applied 10, all within or around t20 or likely to give out full scholarship, also all waived applicaiton fees.
also will apply any t10 that waive my fees. if I feel good about the retake, may also apply t4-t10, all of them.

anyway, that's all about me! welcome discussion and sharing about this interview thing.

Is this even real? I did not know law schools were skyping interviews. Usually what i was told was if there is an alumni in your area, they would try to set up a interview that with with the Alumni and that Alumni would report back to the admissions committee. Must be a new ear in law school applications.

TUICE

Postby TUICE » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Connor Benz wrote:
zhifeixie wrote:earlier UCLA sent me an e-mail requesting a skype interview, luckily I have some time to prepare.
I was wondering whether anyone here also got this request? I know now it's weekend. Anyone who did this interview already? I want to first be familiar with what kind of questions they asked. Also those who is going to do this, we can discuss together and share some information maybe? also welcome those who had experience in interview but not with ucla, i think it will help too.

Has already applied 10, all within or around t20 or likely to give out full scholarship, also all waived applicaiton fees.
also will apply any t10 that waive my fees. if I feel good about the retake, may also apply t4-t10, all of them.

anyway, that's all about me! welcome discussion and sharing about this interview thing.

Is this even real? I did not know law schools were skyping interviews. Usually what i was told was if there is an alumni in your area, they would try to set up a interview that with with the Alumni and that Alumni would report back to the admissions committee. Must be a new ear in law school applications.

Im not sure if its the same but last year I did a skype interview when i was on the waitlist. so it isnt that out of character for UCLA id say

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Connor Benz wrote:

Harvard and Chicago both conduct Skype interviews. Chicago started last year, and Harvard switched from phone to Skype a few years ago, I believe.

zhifeixie

Postby zhifeixie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am

TUICE wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:

Im not sure if its the same but last year I did a skype interview when i was on the waitlist. so it isnt that out of character for UCLA id say

thanks for the reply, do you have like some advice for me?

zhifeixie

Postby zhifeixie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:55 am

midwest17 wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:

Harvard and Chicago both conduct Skype interviews. Chicago started last year, and Harvard switched from phone to Skype a few years ago, I believe.

TUICE

Postby TUICE » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm

zhifeixie wrote:
TUICE wrote:
Connor Benz wrote:

My interview was pretty standard for what you would expect. It was about 20-25 minutes, and they asked things like why did you choose to apply to ucla, tell me about a major accomplishment/turning point in your life, what do you bring to the table to contribute to the ucla community, and probably a few more but those stuck out. It was pretty easy going as far as interviews go. Definitely more like a conversation than an interrogation. Although they may have just been vetting me since it was the waitlist, i assume it's pretty boilerplate.

zhifeixie

Postby zhifeixie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:50 pm

My interview was pretty standard for what you would expect. It was about 20-25 minutes, and they asked things like why did you choose to apply to ucla, tell me about a major accomplishment/turning point in your life, what do you bring to the table to contribute to the ucla community, and probably a few more but those stuck out. It was pretty easy going as far as interviews go. Definitely more like a conversation than an interrogation. Although they may have just been vetting me since it was the waitlist, i assume it's pretty boilerplate.[/quote]
thanks, it's helpful

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”