need advice Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mccllln2

New

need advice

Post by mccllln2 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Could use some advice: I'm about to apply ED to Penn and UVA is my second choice. Am I better off waiting to hear back from Penn and if waitlisted/rejected submitting an ED to UVA? or just applying ASAP to UVA regular decision. I know the earlier in the cycle you get an application in the better...

lastsamurai

Silver

Re: need advice

Post by lastsamurai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:40 am

That's a tough question, but I would opt for submitting both now. Penn might not get back to you until December, and UVA is already sending out RD acceptances

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:28 am

You can apply ED to either, and apply RD to the other. However, If you are accepted ED, your choices are " go there or go nowhere". So only ED to a school you know for sure you will go if they accept you. In this case, you aren't sure, so I would not apply ED to either of them ( just apply RD and do it today. Its still very early in the cycle, so I would not worry about that.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:46 am

I would consider not EDing unless there's a specific reason for Penn or UVA. I would rather go to any of the lower T14 with $$ (except GULC), and you stand to potentially get money from Michigan, NU, Virginia or Cornell, at the very least.

sjgonzalez3

Bronze

Post by sjgonzalez3 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:36 pm

ImNoScar wrote:I would consider not EDing unless there's a specific reason for Penn or UVA. I would rather go to any of the lower T14 with $$ (except GULC), and you stand to potentially get money from Michigan, NU, Virginia or Cornell, at the very least.
Why not GULC? Just curious.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:52 pm

sjgonzalez3 wrote:
ImNoScar wrote:I would consider not EDing unless there's a specific reason for Penn or UVA. I would rather go to any of the lower T14 with $$ (except GULC), and you stand to potentially get money from Michigan, NU, Virginia or Cornell, at the very least.
Enough money may make it worth it. Based on employment data, there's enough of a placement gap that it may not make sense.

sjgonzalez3

Bronze

Post by sjgonzalez3 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:17 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
sjgonzalez3 wrote:
Enough money may make it worth it. Based on employment data, there's enough of a placement gap that it may not make sense.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”