scholarshis and medians

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
grungy89

scholarshis and medians

Postby grungy89 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:07 pm

I know my questions seem to bug some people on here, but I have another. Is it a general rule that scholarship offers will get better and better as you apply to lower ranked schools and you get further above the median #'s? For example I'm at medians for baylor 160/3.75, which offered $x (it will still be expensive) and hoping Texas Tech, where I'm several points above LSAT median, will offer better $$ ( i think their medians are around 157/3.6) Is that what to expect or are each school's scholarship totals different enough to not be predictable?

grungy89

Re: scholarshis and medians

Postby grungy89 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:12 pm

also, anyone know of schools that offer living stipends? I know Texas does if admitted ED but are there others?

Tiago Splitter

Re: scholarshis and medians

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 am

grungy89 wrote:I know my questions seem to bug some people on here, but I have another. Is it a general rule that scholarship offers will get better and better as you apply to lower ranked schools and you get further above the median #'s? For example I'm at medians for baylor 160/3.75, which offered $x (it will still be expensive) and hoping Texas Tech, where I'm several points above LSAT median, will offer better $$ ( i think their medians are around 157/3.6) Is that what to expect or are each school's scholarship totals different enough to not be predictable?

As a general rule yes but things can vary quite a bit across any group of schools. Go to lawschoolnumbers.com and see what kinds of scholarships people were getting. Some schools will give a full ride to anyone just above their median, others won't give full rides to anyone.

Also make sure to check out lstscorereports.com and look at the employment prospects of the schools you're considering. A slight LSAT improvement could get you into UT where the job prospects are much stronger.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”