Older Application Fee Waivers and requesting waivers?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sillymike

Older Application Fee Waivers and requesting waivers?

Postby sillymike » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:34 am

Two questions:

If I have fee waivers from the 2012 cycle, are they still good for the 2013 cycle? I never applied last year, should they still be valid or do they "expire"?

Also, for schools where I would like a fee waiver but didn't get one, is there an accepted way to ask for one? Do I just email the admissions office and say, hey, I'd like a fee waiver if possible? Maybe include some stats?

Thanks y'all

snagglepuss

Re: Older Application Fee Waivers and requesting waivers?

Postby snagglepuss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:47 am

Check out this guide to fee waivers.

I'm not sure if some fee waivers carry over. If you have waiver codes, try them. If not, you may still have hidden waivers that will appear when you're about to submit your app - check for these. If neither of these work, solicit schools per the guide's instructions (adding a note about how you received a waiver last year for any schools you got last cycle.)

Also, check out this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=212345.

BruinRegents

Postby BruinRegents » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:48 am

I believe they are only good for the cycle they were given.

Check http://www.top-law-schools.com/guide-to ... ivers.html for how to request a fee waiver.

sillymike wrote:Two questions:

If I have fee waivers from the 2012 cycle, are they still good for the 2013 cycle? I never applied last year, should they still be valid or do they "expire"?

Also, for schools where I would like a fee waiver but didn't get one, is there an accepted way to ask for one? Do I just email the admissions office and say, hey, I'd like a fee waiver if possible? Maybe include some stats?

Thanks y'all

UnicornHunter

Postby UnicornHunter » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:56 am

They are not still good, but most schools will give you another one if you send them a short e-mail. Additionally, make sure you update your CRS to indicate that you plan on applying this cycle.

sillymike

Postby sillymike » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:10 am

Thanks. Didn't check out the links provided yet but based on what y'all are saying it looks like they will answer all my questions.

Thanks again!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”