Law School Interview?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tbesancon

Law School Interview?

Postby tbesancon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:45 pm

I have an interview with Vanderbilt and I've never had a law school interview before so I'm not sure how to prepare. I'm assuming most will be based off of my resume, as the interviewer (supposedly) has no access to my application, personal statement, letters of rec...etc.

So preparation-wise, should I just practice some answers to very general questions? (Why do you want to be a lawyer? Why Vandy?...) Has anyone had an interview before and can weigh in on the types of questions asked? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by tbesancon on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wsparker

Re: Law School Interview?

Postby wsparker » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:21 am

I interviewed on Monday. It was really casual and seemed more like a conversation than an interview. I checked the vandy thread last year, and some people said their interviewers asked questions like "Why law" "Why Vanderbilt" "What could you bring to Vanderbilt" and other pretty typical questions. My interviewer asked me one question about my resume, and it was just talking after that.

I wouldn't stress too much. Good luck!

tbesancon

Re: Law School Interview?

Postby tbesancon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:44 pm

wsparker wrote:I interviewed on Monday. It was really casual and seemed more like a conversation than an interview. I checked the vandy thread last year, and some people said their interviewers asked questions like "Why law" "Why Vanderbilt" "What could you bring to Vanderbilt" and other pretty typical questions. My interviewer asked me one question about my resume, and it was just talking after that.

I wouldn't stress too much. Good luck!

Thank you! I was assuming it would be something general like this. Is Vandy your #1?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”