Should I cancel?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Cancel or not to cancel?

Cancel
56%
Keep
44%

Total votes: 9

kimace

Should I cancel?

Postby kimace » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:34 pm

del
Last edited by kimace on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

midwest17

Re: Should I cancel?

Postby midwest17 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:47 pm

For what it's worth, your writing sample seems like the kind that could actually hurt your application.

kimace

Postby kimace » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:51 pm

lol well my cross outs were like redactions so I'm sure you can't see anything beneath the layer of pencil blackout, but yea the essay itself was garbage. I guess that alone would prompt me to cancel? :evil:

Happy Gilmore

Postby Happy Gilmore » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:07 pm

I'd just wait for the score. YOLO. Since you already took it anyways, seeing a cancel after your 2nd score, they are going to assume you did poorly anyways and that you don't know how to prepare. Might as well get your score. What did you get the first time? You really think they are going to read all three writing samples if you retake?

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Happy Gilmore wrote:I'd just wait for the score. YOLO. Since you already took it anyways, seeing a cancel after your 2nd score, they are going to assume you did poorly anyways and that you don't know how to prepare. Might as well get your score. What did you get the first time? You really think they are going to read all three writing samples if you retake?

Read all three writing samples? Probably not. Glance at them long enough to realize that someone didn't take it seriously? Probably.

I'm not saying that necessarily justifies canceling. But it is a downside to factor in.

kimace

Postby kimace » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:52 am

Thanks for the posts guys. I did some more thinking and I think I'm going to just go ahead and cancel. Midwest has a good point and I don't think adcoms would necessarily think I didn't prepare. I did prepare but nerves got the better of me. Imma just apply this year and see how things shake out. If I don't like how my cycle goes, I guess I'll have one more shot next year for the retake after quitting my job. HG - I was shy of the 17x the first time. Thanks guys

KarenButtenbaum

Postby KarenButtenbaum » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:04 am

I see that you've made the decision to cancel, which I think is the right one given your explanation above. In case anyone else is pondering this question, we wrote a blog post to help you decide.

[blog spam]

Hope this is helpful! And I think you made the right choice here.

Cheers,
Karen

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”