Updated Transcript with Fall Classes? (but no grades yet?)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
thestatusguo

Updated Transcript with Fall Classes? (but no grades yet?)

Postby thestatusguo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:28 pm

This is obviously a very nitpicky/borderline stupid question, but when law schools see your CAS report (with your transcripts), do they see the classes you're enrolled in for the semester? I'm a current senior in UG and I sent in my transcripts to LSAC over the summer so they had a lot of "placeholder" (ie. physical fitness related) classes for the actual classes I'm registered in (because some of them required special registration that I couldn't do over the summer and had to wait until I got back to campus). The real classes I'm taking are way more academically rigorous because I wanted to finish off my last year with a bang - but i was wondering if it would be necessary at all to send in an updated transcript just to reflect the classes I'm actually registered in this semester (so they don't think I'm a slacker or something). I'm applying now and I have a very clear upward trend with a GPA addendum, so I was wondering if that might be a question or a factor even in the slightest.

Thanks!

midwest17

Re: Updated Transcript with Fall Classes? (but no grades yet?)

Postby midwest17 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Does your school charge for transcripts? If not, there's no downside to updating (although there's probably also no upside).

bp shinners

Re: Updated Transcript with Fall Classes? (but no grades yet?)

Postby bp shinners » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:38 pm

thestatusguo wrote:I'm applying now and I have a very clear upward trend with a GPA addendum, so I was wondering if that might be a question or a factor even in the slightest.

I was a "no" until this part. Since you're going to have people looking more closely at your transcript because of the addendum, I would update with the more academically rigorous transcript.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”