Semester of mostly P/F classes

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
malleus discentium

Semester of mostly P/F classes

Postby malleus discentium » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:04 pm

ITT: neurotic TLSer worries about too many C/NC classes he probably doesn't need to take C/NC anyway.
Last edited by malleus discentium on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cicero76

Re: Semester of mostly P/F classes

Postby Cicero76 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 am

If you're shooting for HYSCCN, I would not make my final semester of grades conceits of 4 C/N classes and one real class. If they had been spread out, fine. But this is awkward.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:43 pm

ITP: He keeps doing it.
Last edited by malleus discentium on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 am

malleus discentium wrote:Sorry to bump my old post but I've got updated information and I'd like to ask the TLS hivemind for some more advice. I ended up scoring at my PT average of 175. So right now I'm above all medians and feeling pretty good.

But as I said in my OP, I don't want to mess with my GPA because it's only slightly above medians. As the semester has gone on, I'm more confident about the grades I'll get. So here's the question. How many C/NCs is too many in my situation? I'm comfortable one is going to be fine, but what about two? It would give me peace of mind to have two essentially free classes, but I'd rather worry and work for them than give HYS any minor reason to ding me.

TYIA

You have a 3.91/175. Don't do something stupid that will make Yale not want to take you, like filling your schedule with P/F classes.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Cicero76 wrote:
malleus discentium wrote:Sorry to bump my old post but I've got updated information and I'd like to ask the TLS hivemind for some more advice. I ended up scoring at my PT average of 175. So right now I'm above all medians and feeling pretty good.

But as I said in my OP, I don't want to mess with my GPA because it's only slightly above medians. As the semester has gone on, I'm more confident about the grades I'll get. So here's the question. How many C/NCs is too many in my situation? I'm comfortable one is going to be fine, but what about two? It would give me peace of mind to have two essentially free classes, but I'd rather worry and work for them than give HYS any minor reason to ding me.

TYIA

You have a 3.91/175. Don't do something stupid that will make Yale not want to take you, like filling your schedule with P/F classes.

Lol okay okay, I yield to the master orator. Thanks for your advice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”