Late decision to apply this year, information please Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
batesc14

New

Late decision to apply this year, information please

Post by batesc14 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Im a senior this year majoring in Biochemistry at a respected liberal arts University, I only have a 3.1 gpa. I have been really set on getting my M.S in organic synthesis chemistry and possibly working in the industry for a few years, then attending law school to become a patent attorney. I was under the impression that an M.S. would open up a lot of opportunities, but it is becoming more clear that an advanced chem degree only really matters if it is a phd. Also, I am more interested in doing patent litigation and apparently a science degree isn't even totally necessary for litigation.
That said, I decided to take a practice lsat today to see if I would score competitively. I got a 167 with no practice, my main trouble was finishing the logic puzzles in time. Realistically what would someone guess that I could improve that to if I study nonstop until a test in December? And what type of score would I need to get for my 3.1 to be competitive at a top school like Georgetown, GWU, or UW?
Any advice or information would be helpful, I ordered the powerscore bibles and a bunch of practice tests.

t-14orbust

Gold

Re: Late decision to apply this year, information please

Post by t-14orbust » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Wow

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”