Wash U interview request

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2014entering2014

Wash U interview request

Postby 2014entering2014 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:23 pm

I just got an email that Wash U requests an interview.

1) What does this indicate? Do they do this for people they like, or for people that they find something fishy with?

2) Has anyone had one? What do they ask?

Harry Belafonte

Re: Wash U interview request

Postby Harry Belafonte » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:32 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:I just got an email that Wash U requests an interview.

1) What does this indicate? Do they do this for people they like, or for people that they find something fishy with?

I have no experience with Washington U in particular, but my general feeling is that anytime you are contacted for anything, including interviews, it is because they are interested. This is definitely positive and is your opportunity to secure admittance. If this indicated otherwise, they would have just dinged you already. More often than not, they are leaning towards accepting you but they just want to double check on something in person, like whether or not you can handle being a human being.

And lastly, have you considered retaking?

2014entering2014

Postby 2014entering2014 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Harry Belafonte wrote:

I have no experience with Washington U in particular, but my general feeling is that anytime you are contacted for anything, including interviews, it is because they are interested. This is definitely positive and is your opportunity to secure admittance. If this indicated otherwise, they would have just dinged you already. More often than not, they are leaning towards accepting you but they just want to double check on something in person, like whether or not you can handle being a human being.

ahh okay thank you that's comforting. do you have any idea what they ask?

retaking the LSAT? nah, my softs are strong and so is my GPA, and I took it twice already.

fringles

Postby fringles » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Had one last year. They asked me a few general questions before offering me admission.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:24 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:
Harry Belafonte wrote:

retaking the LSAT? nah, my softs are strong and so is my GPA, and I took it twice already.

Then definitely retake. Strong softs+strong gpa+strong LSAT= a school much better than WUSTL.

You should be good for a fully at WUSTL but that would be settling with a 3.9. Might as well make all your hardwork be worthwhile.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:25 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:
Harry Belafonte wrote:

Softs matter very little, and settling for a mediocre school with a GPA like 3.9 is criminally stupid.

2014entering2014

Postby 2014entering2014 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 pm

fringles wrote:Had one last year. They asked me a few general questions before offering me admission.

they offered you admission on the spot???
any recollection of what those questions were....:)

fringles

Postby fringles » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:19 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:
fringles wrote:Had one last year. They asked me a few general questions before offering me admission.

they offered you admission on the spot???
any recollection of what those questions were....:)

it was an unofficially official offer, yes - couldnt do it over the phone or something.

questions were just general ones. dont sweat it. like know how to answer why you want to go to law school, why wash u, etc

Harry Belafonte

Postby Harry Belafonte » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:02 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:

I know you don't want to hear this, but I took the LSAT three times, each time with better results and no regrets. If you have a 3.9, please consider taking that third test!

Sometimes I think of how not too long ago schools would average LSAT scores when gauging acceptance, and I think of how blessed we are to be applying now.

hoos89

Postby hoos89 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:18 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Belafonte

Postby Harry Belafonte » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:21 pm

hoos89 wrote:
Harry Belafonte wrote:
2014entering2014 wrote:

I know you don't want to hear this, but I took the LSAT three times, each time with better results and no regrets. If you have a 3.9, please consider taking that third test!

Sometimes I think of how not too long ago schools would average LSAT scores when gauging acceptance, and I think of how blessed we are to be applying now.

Yeah but not too long ago legal employment prospects were wayyyy better.

I'll take what I can get. All the more reason to retake.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:35 pm

2014entering2014 wrote:
Harry Belafonte wrote:

Strong softs? What are they? Most people seriously overestimate their softs. It's unlikely that all of them together would outweigh even a single extra point on the LSAT.

Your GPA is competitive at every single law school. With just a few more points, you could be looking at H and/or a full-ride somewhere in the T14. Not retaking would be madness.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”