Is it acceptable...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AT9

Is it acceptable...

Postby AT9 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 pm

...to reference other sections of an application where it's asking for duplicate information? For instance, here's one of the questions that includes a 500-character text-box:

"List any significant extracurricular, civic, community, and professional activities and leadership responsibilities, indicating dates of involvement."

In other words, "re-create your resume here but in less space" (and my resume is included). Will this be understood by admissions officers or will it come across as lazy, not interested in the school, etc?

Happy Gilmore

Re: Is it acceptable...

Postby Happy Gilmore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:44 am

[quote="AT9"]"List"/quote]

I dunno, maybe use a different adjective. I essentially put the same thing when asked twice though.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:45 am

If there's even a slight chance that it might be seen as lazy by one person, why would you risk it? Just type it out again, or copy/paste. It's really not that hard. (And if you think it is, have fun when it's time to customize cover letters for mass-mailing.)

AT9

Postby AT9 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:09 pm

It's not that I think it's hard, it's just annoying. But, I don't want to risk it, and that's why I ask the question.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”