Ever okay to request a waiver solely based on high numbers? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jdapplicant

Bronze

Ever okay to request a waiver solely based on high numbers?

Post by jdapplicant » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:13 pm

I know that Michigan and Georgetown have issued fee waivers, but I haven't received one. I checked to see if I received a hidden waiver but unfortunately I did not. With a 172 and 3.75+, I suspect that my numbers fall within their requirements for a fee waiver. Are their standards for fee waivers higher than my numbers? If not, how can I possible get a waiver from those schools without mentioning financial hardship? My parent's income is way too high to request a waiver due to financial hardship, but I have to pay for my applications with my own money. I'm hoping that it was a mistake that I was not issued a waiver.

Others may have the same problem as me, so any suggestions or feedback would be great.

Clearly

Gold

Re: Ever okay to request a waiver solely based on high numbers?

Post by Clearly » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Absolutely. Just email them that you are really interested in their school but want to cut down application costs and ask for a fee waiver, attach your lsac id as well. I did this and got half the t-13 to send them over, and my gpa is terrible!

Hipster but Athletic

Gold

Post by Hipster but Athletic » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:21 pm

jdapplicant wrote:I know that Michigan and Georgetown have issued fee waivers, but I haven't received one. I checked to see if I received a hidden waiver but unfortunately I did not. With a 172 and 3.75+, I suspect that my numbers fall within their requirements for a fee waiver. Are their standards for fee waivers higher than my numbers? If not, how can I possible get a waiver from those schools without mentioning financial hardship? My parent's income is way too high to request a waiver due to financial hardship, but I have to pay for my applications with my own money. I'm hoping that it was a mistake that I was not issued a waiver.

Others may have the same problem as me, so any suggestions or feedback would be great.
They're not going to audit your parents bro. Email them and let them know you're having a tough time

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Yes. Just explain in your email what you told us. You will get some fee waivers.

francesfarmer

Silver

Post by francesfarmer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Clearly wrote:Absolutely. Just email them that you are really interested in their school but want to cut down application costs and ask for a fee waiver, attach your lsac id as well. I did this and got half the t-13 to send them over, and my gpa is terrible!
+1. I had the same experience. I didn't even state my GPA, just my LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”