Calculation of LSAC GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wtrc

Calculation of LSAC GPA

Postby wtrc » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:00 am

Okay, potentially silly question. I sent in a transcript to LSAC at the end of junior year. My GPA, according to them, was a 3.X4, something I verified with my own calculation. My grades went up slightly, and I graduated with, according to my many calculations, an LSAC GPA of 3.X7. Yeah, it's a tiny, almost negligible difference, but it puts me above the median of some schools rather than at or below.

I sent in an updated transcript several weeks ago, but LSAC GPA still shows a 3.X4. Should I call LSAC and ask them to recalculate? Or does it sometimes take some time to be reflected in the academic report?

0.03 is tiny, but still can make a difference...

bp shinners

Re: Calculation of LSAC GPA

Postby bp shinners » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:03 pm

wtrcoins3 wrote:Okay, potentially silly question. I sent in a transcript to LSAC at the end of junior year. My GPA, according to them, was a 3.X4, something I verified with my own calculation. My grades went up slightly, and I graduated with, according to my many calculations, an LSAC GPA of 3.X7. Yeah, it's a tiny, almost negligible difference, but it puts me above the median of some schools rather than at or below.

I sent in an updated transcript several weeks ago, but LSAC GPA still shows a 3.X4. Should I call LSAC and ask them to recalculate? Or does it sometimes take some time to be reflected in the academic report?

0.03 is tiny, but still can make a difference...

Doesn't hurt to call, but they might be in the process of updating it. Their busy season has started.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”