Address upward trend on resume?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
linkx13

Address upward trend on resume?

Postby linkx13 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:14 am

I´ve seen some material on law school resume help that say to put something to the effect of "GPA since fall 200x"

I have a 3.47 LSAC GPA (3.5 undergrad, 3.8ish in major), so I´m wondering to put considering the 3.47 is well below medians for schools I want to go to. Any advice is much appreciated!

Right now I have decided to just not put a GPA since putting anything but a high GPA seems silly, but I do wonder if it ultimately won't matter since the reviewer may notice it isn't there and be more drawn to it anyway.

JamMasterJ

Re: Address upward trend on resume?

Postby JamMasterJ » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:26 am

don't do any of this. They have your transcript, rendering putting your gpa superfluous, and they have your transcript, rendering noting a grade trend superfluous. the only reason for gpa addendums are tramatic events/illness, etc.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:55 pm

linkx13 wrote:I´ve seen some material on law school resume help that say to put something to the effect of "GPA since fall 200x"

I would strongly recommend no one ever do this. If I read that resume, I'd be looking at the transcript to see exactly how bad the GPA was before that date. It's like saying, "I haven't killed anyone for 10 years!"

fringles

Postby fringles » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 pm

It would not be as catastrophic as the other two posters seem to think it'd be, but definitely do not do it

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”