Is it OK to have an adjunct professor to write a rec?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
frazzz

Is it OK to have an adjunct professor to write a rec?

Postby frazzz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:28 pm

I felt like I did pretty well in that class, and it's probably the only class whose professor could talk a lot about my reading and writing because I am an economics major. However, the professor is not tenured but an adjunct professor. Is this going to have a negative effect?

AlanShore

Re: Is it OK to have an adjunct professor to write a rec?

Postby AlanShore » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:33 pm

frazzz wrote:I felt like I did pretty well in that class, and it's probably the only class whose professor could talk a lot about my reading and writing because I am an economics major. However, the professor is not tenured but an adjunct professor. Is this going to have a negative effect?

no. wont matter at all. lors hardly matter regardless of who the prof is (unless its a bad rec)

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:34 pm

frazzz wrote:I felt like I did pretty well in that class, and it's probably the only class whose professor could talk a lot about my reading and writing because I am an economics major. However, the professor is not tenured but an adjunct professor. Is this going to have a negative effect?

One of my LORs was written by a TA PhD candidate. It doesn't matter who writes your LOR as long as they know your work.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:04 pm

No negative effect whatsoever.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”