Asian Question, do I put it or no

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Do I put that I am Asian as a whole? (along with my other breeds)

Obviously, check off Asian
50%
No don't because I am not a real Asian
50%

Total votes: 2

The1LWannaBe

Asian Question, do I put it or no

Postby The1LWannaBe » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:56 am

Dear TLSers:

Okay, so I am a mix of breeds and one of those happens to be Pakastani. On LSAC, it is under the selection of Asia, so there is no question there. My issue is when a school just has a box for Asian with no sub-countries underneath. I do not consider myself to be Asian, so checking off the general box feels weird, but at the same time I feel like I am lying if I don't because according to LSAC I am. Someone help, please! All opinions are welcome!

hephaestus

Re: Asian Question, do I put it or no

Postby hephaestus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:58 am

You can put it or not. The idea is to check the race that you self-identify with. It is unlikely to affect your results either way (since Asians are not considered a URM), so do what you feel most comfortable doing.

The1LWannaBe

Postby The1LWannaBe » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Thank you very much for your response! I am more worried about what I put on applications and LSAC not matching up and being audited or being discredited

MoMettaMonk

Postby MoMettaMonk » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm pretty sure that you won't have to take a blood test to verify your genetic heritage, so either way you should be okay. As ImNoScar said it's about what you self-identify as, so as long as you're not being intentionally dishonest, I don't see any problems.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”