Letter of Recommendation Problems

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ConcernedHabsFan

Letter of Recommendation Problems

Postby ConcernedHabsFan » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Hey,

So an employer of mine sent me an LOR through LSAC. But in it, he wrote the name of a school I was applying to as well as the name of the Dean of Admissions (and I wanted a LOR with no names on it, since I only have 2 and plan to use the 2 for every school).

Is there a way I could get him to upload a new one? If I call the LSAC, you think they'd allow this? I tried adding him again but the LSAC said there was an "error that occured" (I'm guessing it was his Email since it was already in my LOR list). He wrote a pretty good one, so I want to use it without the references to that specific school. And I won't be able to get any from other employers. Do you think that I should use his alternate (non-work) email, and have him send it from there, or would that be violating LSAC rules?

My other is from a Prof at my school. I'm going to try to get another, as the job I worked under was employer is not impressive (really blue collar work, I worked at a Warehouse).

Thanks.

gaud

Re: Letter of Recommendation Problems

Postby gaud » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:29 pm

I imagine you'll have no problem doing this. If I recall correctly, I was able to do it.

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Any given recommender can have multiple letters (say, if they're writing a general one and a school-specific one for you). Why not just edit his recommender listing, add another letter (which will give you another code), have him upload a new letter under that code, and then assign the new letter to the other schools?

This has the added benefit of allowing you to send the personalized letter to the school it's addressed to, which can only help (although it probably won't help that much).

ConcernedHabsFan

Postby ConcernedHabsFan » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Thanks. Don't know how I missed that.

I'm thinking of applying very early (hoping it will show my eagerness to schools). I already have the 2 LoRs minimum I need to apply. I have another coming on the way, but I'm not sure how long it will take the Prof to write. she's pretty laidback, so I'm guessing it could take a few weeks at least.

Do you think it will be a smart move to apply now with the 2 Letters of recommendation? Then send hers separately when it comes? or should I wait for her, and send it off the same day I apply?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”