Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:52 pm

If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:09 am

mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?


No, no, no. Don't do it. If you do it, I have to do it. I don't want to go through that again.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby dowu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:27 am

mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?

They will probably wait to admit you once your file is complete and you're not scheduled for an LSAT.


They will probably think you're retaking to go to a better school.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4166
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby Clearly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 am

...Communicate with schools people. Call them and say you are retaking because you felt like you could do better, or you want to have better scholly offers, or tell them to wait for your new score, etc.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 pm

dowu wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?

They will probably wait to admit you once your file is complete and you're not scheduled for an LSAT.


They will probably think you're retaking to go to a better school.


Can they see that you're retaking? I was planning to apply to safety schools with my old score when applications open, ace December, then apply to the better schools.

User avatar
dowu
Posts: 8334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby dowu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
dowu wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?

They will probably wait to admit you once your file is complete and you're not scheduled for an LSAT.


They will probably think you're retaking to go to a better school.


Can they see that you're retaking? I was planning to apply to safety schools with my old score when applications open, ace December, then apply to the better schools.

On the appication, it will give you a chance to tell them if you are registered for a future LSAT administration. You could probably not put one down. They will assume your app as incomplete if you've implicated you're going to take the test again.

User avatar
mvonh001
Posts: 581
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby mvonh001 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:54 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
dowu wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?

They will probably wait to admit you once your file is complete and you're not scheduled for an LSAT.


They will probably think you're retaking to go to a better school.


Can they see that you're retaking? I was planning to apply to safety schools with my old score when applications open, ace December, then apply to the better schools.



Thats what my plan was....

dowu wrote:On the appication, it will give you a chance to tell them if you are registered for a future LSAT administration. You could probably not put one down. They will assume your app as incomplete if you've implicated you're going to take the test again.


This also, but i was wondering if they got notified from the lsac that you were scheduled for a future lsat?

Clearly wrote:...Communicate with schools people. Call them and say you are retaking because you felt like you could do better, or you want to have better scholly offers, or tell them to wait for your new score, etc.


So you think i should email them and be like, "I am scheduled to retake the LSAT in december to see if I am capable of doing any better, please consider my app as complete with my previous score"

User avatar
john1990
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Postby john1990 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 pm

mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?


If you ask them too they will consider your application before the new LSAT score is on file




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests