LSAC LOR Service: For how long are rec letters active?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mchelle

LSAC LOR Service: For how long are rec letters active?

Postby mchelle » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi, just a quick question...I already asked two professors to complete LORs via the LSAC service and they should be finished with the forms by mid-September.

However, due to personal reasons, I am thinking about postponing my application until next fall (2014 cycle). Would my rec letters still be valid then? If they will be valid, would they be incompatible with the rest of my application because the LORs were completed this fall?

Thank you!!

wtrc

Re: LSAC LOR Service: For how long are rec letters active?

Postby wtrc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:49 pm

mchelle wrote:Hi, just a quick question...I already asked two professors to complete LORs via the LSAC service and they should be finished with the forms by mid-September.

However, due to personal reasons, I am thinking about postponing my application until next fall (2014 cycle). Would my rec letters still be valid then? If they will be valid, would they be incompatible with the rest of my application because the LORs were completed this fall?

Thank you!!

Not sure how active they stay, but a one year difference is fine. It's definitely not only active for a year. I had one in two years ago and am applying this fall, and it still shows up in my account.

Danger Zone

Re: LSAC LOR Service: For how long are rec letters active?

Postby Danger Zone » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 pm

5 years.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”