What Professor for my LOR??

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CountryRoads

What Professor for my LOR??

Postby CountryRoads » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Okay, so I'm sure a similar question has been asked before, so I apologize in advance for the redundancy...

I have a few good LOR's from various sources, including two from professors. I need some help in deciding which professor to use: One of them is a prototypical perfect choice (has his JD, Ph.D, on the chair of my focused major and the recipient of several awards), however I only got a 3.0 in the one class I took with him and he doesn't know me too well outside of the classroom. The other is just your standard professor, but I dominated several classes with him and he knows me pretty well outside of class and I'm sure he has some kind words to say.

Should I choose the guy with the reputable title? Or pick the no-name guy who sees me as a great student and society member?

Thanks a lot!

HtownVicious

Re: What Professor for my LOR??

Postby HtownVicious » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:22 pm

I say the guy who can say a lot about you as a student rather than the guy with the hefty title.

poke800ash

Postby poke800ash » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:54 am

HtownVicious wrote:I say the guy who can say a lot about you as a student rather than the guy with the hefty title.

Second this, if I were in your position, I would go for the regular professor any day.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:39 am

Adcomms don't care about your professors' titles.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”