LSAT Preparation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ChasingGoals

LSAT Preparation

Postby ChasingGoals » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:22 am

What did you use to study Books,Courses,Videos etc. ? What was most helpful in success in LSAT ? How long did you study ? What was your score if you want post ? I'm trying figure out if i should study briefly over 3-4 months or really put all my energies into studying a few weeks before the LSAT ...

Ti Malice

Re: LSAT Preparation

Postby Ti Malice » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:11 am

ChasingGoals wrote:I'm trying figure out if i should study briefly over 3-4 months or really put all my energies into studying a few weeks before the LSAT ...

Neither. You should put all of your energies into studying over 3-4 months. It's only the most important test of your legal career.

ChasingGoals

Postby ChasingGoals » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:20 pm

Ti Malice wrote:
ChasingGoals wrote:I'm trying figure out if i should study briefly over 3-4 months or really put all my energies into studying a few weeks before the LSAT ...

Neither. You should put all of your energies into studying over 3-4 months. It's only the most important test of your legal career.

That makes sense do you think the courses through Kaplan for instance are worth it ? or is it better utilize books ?

arkgawilson

Postby arkgawilson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:10 am

ChasingGoals wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:

That makes sense do you think the courses through Kaplan for instance are worth it ? or is it better utilize books ?

I'm still studying, but I took a Powerscore course, and have the powerscore bibles. I also have all of the previous LSAT tests in pdf form, and would recommend using those to study as nothing is going to prepare you better than previous exams in my opinion. Feel free to PM me and I can tell you more methods I've used.

jselson

Postby jselson » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:08 am

ChasingGoals wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:

Kaplan's the worst, 3-4 months of 15+ hr wks is the minimum, depending on your starting point, go read everything in the LSAT forum before asking easily answered questions like these.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:30 am

ChasingGoals wrote:
Ti Malice wrote:

The general consensus is that courses can be helpful, but usually only to the extent that they provide you with a bunch of materials and give you some structure (and occasionally a stellar instructor). Simply attending a course will do you no good. You have to put in the work whether you do it as homework, as it were, for a course or do it as self study. If you have money to shell out and are interested in having someone else provide you with the structure of studying then sure go for it. But def avoid Kaplan.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:36 am

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Dre's book suggestion above is good. You should post this in the LSAT Prep Forum, and use the topics there for motivation. Spending a few hours here and there isn't sufficient for most people to get a good score. Some of us have been studying for months or even years. Each point matters so much, and you don't want to go to a shit school where you won't be able to get a job because of this one test. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”