Visiting schools/meetings with admissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
colorando

Visiting schools/meetings with admissions

Postby colorando » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 pm

Im considering visiting NYU and Columbia this fall in weighing a potential ED to either one. I'm going to visit both and get a feel for the campus, but both have options to meet with admissions. How useful is this in people's past experience? Will I get the same info I can get online, plus lip service about holistic admissions etc? Especially for an ED candidate would this be helpful in the application process?

bp shinners

Re: Visiting schools/meetings with admissions

Postby bp shinners » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

colorando wrote:Im considering visiting NYU and Columbia this fall in weighing a potential ED to either one. I'm going to visit both and get a feel for the campus, but both have options to meet with admissions. How useful is this in people's past experience? Will I get the same info I can get online, plus lip service about holistic admissions etc? Especially for an ED candidate would this be helpful in the application process?

It's not going to help with the admissions process, but you should get in touch with them to see if they can arrange a classroom sit-in and a current student to show you around campus.

malleus discentium

Re: Visiting schools/meetings with admissions

Postby malleus discentium » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:17 am

ED is not really relevant to NYU or Columbia for admissions. And since you put yourself in a corner WRT scholarships, it may be imprudent. No comment on the rest of your question.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”