C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby bouleversement » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm

While you're at it kappycaft1, do you have anything like this for other schools?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... fNXc&gid=1

User avatar
lawschool22
Posts: 3875
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby lawschool22 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:10 pm

bouleversement wrote:While you're at it kappycaft1, do you have anything like this for other schools?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... fNXc&gid=1


This might be what you're after:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219901#top


Edit: NVM - I just realized you might be looking for the previous cycle's data.

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby bouleversement » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:47 pm

lawschool22 wrote:
bouleversement wrote:While you're at it kappycaft1, do you have anything like this for other schools?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... fNXc&gid=1


This might be what you're after:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=219901#top


Edit: NVM - I just realized you might be looking for the previous cycle's data.


I am, but that is really great too and will definitely be useful going forward. Thanks for the contribution!

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby bouleversement » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Vincent wrote:
bouleversement wrote:Is it faulty to assume Stanford's 75th also increased a point?


Frequentist statistics would say you cannot assume/conclude that.

Bayesian statistics could make that assumption defensible.


Have you heard why SLS has not yet released its 25th/75ths?

User avatar
Power_of_Facing
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby Power_of_Facing » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:40 pm

bouleversement wrote:
Vincent wrote:
bouleversement wrote:Is it faulty to assume Stanford's 75th also increased a point?


Frequentist statistics would say you cannot assume/conclude that.

Bayesian statistics could make that assumption defensible.


Have you heard why SLS has not yet released its 25th/75ths?


Has SLS even officially released its median? I thought the spreadsheet was updated entirely on the basis of the little birdy in Mr. Spivey's ear.

BigZuck
Posts: 10870
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby BigZuck » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:57 pm

It doesn't matter what their median is. Furd's gonna Furd, even if they drop a point it's not going to make it any easier for a mere mortal to get in

User avatar
bouleversement
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:50 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby bouleversement » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:33 am

Power_of_Facing wrote:
bouleversement wrote:
Vincent wrote:
bouleversement wrote:Is it faulty to assume Stanford's 75th also increased a point?


Frequentist statistics would say you cannot assume/conclude that.

Bayesian statistics could make that assumption defensible.


Have you heard why SLS has not yet released its 25th/75ths?


Has SLS even officially released its median? I thought the spreadsheet was updated entirely on the basis of the little birdy in Mr. Spivey's ear.


You could be right. I just know we can bank on Spivey's birdy. :P

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby Vincent » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:14 am

bouleversement wrote:
Power_of_Facing wrote:
bouleversement wrote:
Vincent wrote:
Frequentist statistics would say you cannot assume/conclude that.

Bayesian statistics could make that assumption defensible.


Have you heard why SLS has not yet released its 25th/75ths?


Has SLS even officially released its median? I thought the spreadsheet was updated entirely on the basis of the little birdy in Mr. Spivey's ear.


You could be right. I just know we can bank on Spivey's birdy. :P


How do you know? I, for one, don't think we can trust just any random birdie :shock:

To answer your question though, yes, I have...

thestatusguo
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby thestatusguo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:19 am

Vincent wrote:
bouleversement wrote:
Power_of_Facing wrote:
bouleversement wrote:
Have you heard why SLS has not yet released its 25th/75ths?


Has SLS even officially released its median? I thought the spreadsheet was updated entirely on the basis of the little birdy in Mr. Spivey's ear.


You could be right. I just know we can bank on Spivey's birdy. :P


How do you know? I, for one, don't think we can trust just any random birdie :shock:

To answer your question though, yes, I have...


Well I just have a hunch that we can trust Spivey's birdie on this one. And Vincent, as an SLS admit, you should know better than to doubt very credible sources, right? :P

User avatar
Vincent
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby Vincent » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:34 am

thestatusguo wrote:
Vincent wrote:
bouleversement wrote:
Power_of_Facing wrote:
Has SLS even officially released its median? I thought the spreadsheet was updated entirely on the basis of the little birdy in Mr. Spivey's ear.


You could be right. I just know we can bank on Spivey's birdy. :P


How do you know? I, for one, don't think we can trust just any random birdie :shock:

To answer your question though, yes, I have...


Well I just have a hunch that we can trust Spivey's birdie on this one. And Vincent, as an SLS admit, you should know better than to doubt very credible sources, right? :P


Maybe if the credible source had provided a clear and concise set of steps to produce independently verifiable and replicable results that any TLS member could reproduce, the scientist in me would be less skeptical :P

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby jingosaur » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Vincent wrote:Well I just have a hunch that we can trust Spivey's birdie on this one. And Vincent, as an SLS admit, you should know better than to doubt very credible sources, right? :P


Maybe if the credible source had provided a clear and concise set of steps to produce independently verifiable and replicable results that any TLS member could reproduce, the scientist in me would be less skeptical :P[/quote]

Is this the same birdie that told him LSAT scores were coming out on 10/31?

HYSenberg
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:10 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby HYSenberg » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:40 pm

What's up with the spreadsheet?

User avatar
jk148706
Posts: 2499
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 11:14 am

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby jk148706 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 pm

HYSenberg wrote:What's up with the spreadsheet?

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2608
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:14 pm

jingosaur wrote:
Vincent wrote:
Well I just have a hunch that we can trust Spivey's birdie on this one. And Vincent, as an SLS admit, you should know better than to doubt very credible sources, right? :P

Maybe if the credible source had provided a clear and concise set of steps to produce independently verifiable and replicable results that any TLS member could reproduce, the scientist in me would be less skeptical :P


Is this the same birdie that told him LSAT scores were coming out on 10/31?


No, someone from LSAC did not give me this. The Dean of Admission at Stanford told someone "these are our numbers" and that someone called and told me.

I said as clearly as I possibly could on the LSAT date I had no way of verifying if the data I had was accurate. I also have no way to 100% know if this is true, but it seems much more likely.

I try to qualify everything that I do not hear directly from a source that would 100% know. I hope this helps!

Mike

User avatar
TheJanitor6203
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 pm

So I guess SMU isn't going to release their new medians. Ever.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby haus » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:15 pm

TheJanitor6203 wrote:So I guess SMU isn't going to release their new medians. Ever.

Perhaps it will be dug up by future anthropologist.

User avatar
TheJanitor6203
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby TheJanitor6203 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:33 pm

haus wrote:
TheJanitor6203 wrote:So I guess SMU isn't going to release their new medians. Ever.

Perhaps it will be dug up by future anthropologist.

Probably.

User avatar
Happy Gilmore
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby Happy Gilmore » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:48 pm

If Stanford really did go up in median, why are they waiting so long to publish it?

BigZuck
Posts: 10870
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby BigZuck » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Furd gonna Furd

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby cannibal ox » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Alabama is up.

Class of 2016
157 / 164 / 166
-1 / -1 / -1
3.42 / 3.86 / 3.94
+0.11 / +0.03 / 0.00


Class of 2015
158 / 165 / 167
3.31 / 3.83 / 3.94

BigZuck
Posts: 10870
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby BigZuck » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:38 pm

cannibal ox wrote:Alabama is up.

Class of 2016
157 / 164 / 166
-1 / -1 / -1
3.42 / 3.86 / 3.94
+0.11 / +0.03 / 0.00


Class of 2015
158 / 165 / 167
3.31 / 3.83 / 3.94


That median GPA is redic. Do all the reverse splitter "Not Gunna!" retakers end up at Alabama?

Also lulz at the difference between the medians and the 25ths

User avatar
kay2016
Posts: 1121
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:23 am

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby kay2016 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 pm

BigZuck wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:Alabama is up.

Class of 2016
157 / 164 / 166
-1 / -1 / -1
3.42 / 3.86 / 3.94
+0.11 / +0.03 / 0.00


Class of 2015
158 / 165 / 167
3.31 / 3.83 / 3.94


That median GPA is redic. Do all the reverse splitter "Not Gunna!" retakers end up at Alabama?

Also lulz at the difference between the medians and the 25ths



guilty.

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby Louis1127 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:35 pm

BigZuck wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:Alabama is up.

Class of 2016
157 / 164 / 166
-1 / -1 / -1
3.42 / 3.86 / 3.94
+0.11 / +0.03 / 0.00


Class of 2015
158 / 165 / 167
3.31 / 3.83 / 3.94


That median GPA is redic. Do all the reverse splitter "Not Gunna!" retakers end up at Alabama?

Also lulz at the difference between the medians and the 25ths


Remember DAT program where if you get into the Honors College at Bama and what not you can go to LS at Bama without having to take the LSAT. Maybe not the entire reason, but certainly one reason for dat ridic GPA.

Edit: According to the website, only 5 ppl did that. So it is a very small reason for the ridic GPA. Definitely puzzling.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby dasani13 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:25 am

I just spent like an hour reading this thread. Thanks for all the great info so far.

User avatar
Happy Gilmore
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Postby Happy Gilmore » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:59 pm

dasani13 wrote:I just spent like an hour reading this thread. Thanks for all the great info so far.


It's all summarized in a spread sheet. Probably not worth reading all 72 pages.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: townizm and 4 guests