C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
danquayle

Silver

Re: C/O 2016 median lsat/gpa/class size

Post by danquayle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:27 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:USF's LSAT median: 153

NOT FLAME
http://www.usfca.edu/law/jd/admissions/profile/

Also, why do they put the LSAT median of the people who got accepted?
Cause it's higher.
Thats some sneaky ass shit. Most schools use "admitted students" to refer to students who actually enter the school.

North

Gold

Post by North » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Last edited by North on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:34 pm

NOT FLAME

That feeder school list bums me out.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 pm

moonman157 wrote:

NOT FLAME

Why?

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:40 pm

danquayle wrote:
moonman157 wrote:

NOT FLAME

Why?
Columbia, Berkeley, Cornell, Michigan...do these graduates honestly not have better options than USFCA?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:40 pm

North wrote: I think what he's getting at is that it's not really flattering at all.

THIS is the credited response.

They are basically saying, yeah we accepted people with such and such numbers BUT most of them didn't matriculate because they matriculated to beTTTer schools

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 pm

moonman157 wrote:

NOT FLAME

Ditto

ScottRiqui

Gold

Post by ScottRiqui » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:46 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
North wrote: I think what he's getting at is that it's not really flattering at all.

THIS is the credited response.

They are basically saying, yeah we accepted people with such and such numbers BUT most of them didn't matriculate because they matriculated to beTTTer schools
After living in the TLS bubble, it's funny to think that even people with a 155 have the option to look at a particular school's acceptance and say "yeah - thanks, but no thanks".

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm

moonman157 wrote:
danquayle wrote:
moonman157 wrote:

NOT FLAME

Why?
Columbia, Berkeley, Cornell, Michigan...do these graduates honestly not have better options than USFCA?
I went to Michigan for UG. I know for at least Michigan (and probably Berk), there were just tons of undergrads that wanted to go into law. Michigan is a top feeder for almost for every law school I've seen. I'm guessing its similar for Columbia and Cornell. There are so-so students at even the very best schools. IIRC, even Harvard only has a 163 median LSAT amongst its undergrad students. (Think it was 158 at UM)

Now if you're asking whether they have better options for careers outside of law, they probably do. But lack of information and delusional self-evaluation is unfortunately still rampant, and plenty of people who would worsen their careers by attending law school still do.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Absolutely, it's just always depressing to be reminded that this is the case. Some of these schools surprised me both because of their size and their pedigree. Columbia and Cornell (if I remember correctly) are two of the larger Ivies, but they're not THAT huge compared to large schools nationally, and seem like two random schools to be feeding into USFCA ahead of other large schools. Berkeley and UCLA make more sense, being in CA, but still...to go from there to USF...kinda sad.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm

moonman157 wrote:Absolutely, it's just always depressing to be reminded that this is the case. Some of these schools surprised me both because of their size and their pedigree. Columbia and Cornell (if I remember correctly) are two of the larger Ivies, but they're not THAT huge compared to large schools nationally, and seem like two random schools to be feeding into USFCA ahead of other large schools. Berkeley and UCLA make more sense, being in CA, but still...to go from there to USF...kinda sad.
Yessir. TLS still has more work to do.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 am

If anyone is paying sticker for an expensive UG (All ivies included) they are probably also getting ripped off pretty dramatically. Higher education in general is a joke as far as price is concerned (at face value) as of now. I just don't care as much because those who pay sticker likely (maybe?) derive more than just a job from attending and those that cannot afford the schools generally receive massive aid.

Harvard UG LSAT median is a 167 btw; tied for best but Umich is 159/Cornell 162/Columbia 164;

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:23 am

moonman157 wrote:Absolutely, it's just always depressing to be reminded that this is the case. Some of these schools surprised me both because of their size and their pedigree. Columbia and Cornell (if I remember correctly) are two of the larger Ivies, but they're not THAT huge compared to large schools nationally, and seem like two random schools to be feeding into USFCA ahead of other large schools. Berkeley and UCLA make more sense, being in CA, but still...to go from there to USF...kinda sad.

for those that go from TTT UG —> T13, this is their song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEpDiHNoSkw

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 am

Dr. Dre wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:29 am

sinfiery wrote:Harvard UG LSAT median is a 167 btw; tied for best but Umich is 159/Cornell 162/Columbia 164;
Is there a complete list of this anywhere? I think this would be pretty interesting to see.

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:30 am

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FKASunny

Gold

Post by FKASunny » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 am

My UG's average LSAT was something like 145. I hope most of them gave up on law school...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:04 am

sinfiery wrote:If anyone is paying sticker for an expensive UG (All ivies included) they are probably also getting ripped off pretty dramatically. Higher education in general is a joke as far as price is concerned (at face value) as of now. I just don't care as much because those who pay sticker likely (maybe?) derive more than just a job from attending and those that cannot afford the schools generally receive massive aid.

Harvard UG LSAT median is a 167 btw; tied for best but Umich is 159/Cornell 162/Columbia 164;
There's not much merit aid at top schools for undergrad, but they are very generous with need-based. If anyone is paying sticker it's because their parents can afford it.

MKC

Diamond

Post by MKC » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

shifty_eyed wrote:
sinfiery wrote:If anyone is paying sticker for an expensive UG (All ivies included) they are probably also getting ripped off pretty dramatically. Higher education in general is a joke as far as price is concerned (at face value) as of now. I just don't care as much because those who pay sticker likely (maybe?) derive more than just a job from attending and those that cannot afford the schools generally receive massive aid.

There's not much merit aid at top schools for undergrad, but they are very generous with need-based. If anyone is paying sticker it's because their parents can afford it.
Just because their parents can pay for it doesn't mean they actually are. Those numbers at some point said that my expected family contribution was $27,000 a year. I got zero dollars. (from the school or my parents)

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:24 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote: Just because their parents can pay for it doesn't mean they actually are. Those numbers at some point said that my expected family contribution was $27,000 a year. I got zero dollars. (from the school or my parents)
Very true; Just be glad we don't do any further economic analysis verging on how EFC unconnected to what you actually receive benefits you indirectly because of a particular living environment because it could create an even greater disparity in relation to what you are speaking of (or fix the greatest disparity that likely assists those in said previous environment more than those they wish to be compared to)
cannibal ox wrote:
sinfiery wrote:Harvard UG LSAT median is a 167 btw; tied for best but Umich is 159/Cornell 162/Columbia 164;
Is there a complete list of this anywhere? I think this would be pretty interesting to see.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... DNSbUNtZ1E
Dr. Dre wrote: for those that go from TTT UG —> T13, this is their song
Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhbuddddy 8)

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:27 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:30 am

Regulus wrote:
It is interesting how closely the LSAT scores match the USNWR undergrad rankings.
It's not surprising at all.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:34 am

Regulus wrote:
It is interesting how closely the LSAT scores match the USNWR undergrad rankings.

notice also the moar prestigious the school is, the higher the average gpa

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 am

danquayle wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:

NOT FLAME

Cause it's higher.
Thats some sneaky ass shit. Most schools use "admitted students" to refer to students who actually enter the school.
It's really weird how they put both. So the students that end up attending have a median LSAT significantly lower (2 points is significant..) than the 25th percentile LSAT of admitted students. Really don't know why they would include that. TTTT.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:17 am

shifty_eyed wrote:
Regulus wrote:
It's not surprising at all.
It does seem like most the schools here are above the 151 national average though. What are we missing? Community colleges and smaller colleges?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”