summer internship supervisor might give me a lukewarm review Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
altoid99

Bronze

Re: summer internship supervisor might give me a lukewarm review

Post by altoid99 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:32 am

TheThriller wrote:I'm going to break with majority and say that you should be worried that this could potential neutralize your cycle. Whats worse, a lot of law school deans do talk to each other during the cycle and often bounce around names/experiences of specific applicants. If you come up in conversation, you might be out of the majority of the T14.
I second this. I know of many, many applicants who were screwed this way. I'm sorry OP :(

gottago

Bronze

deleted

Post by gottago » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:44 am

deleted
Last edited by gottago on Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:49 am

Guessing the summer internship thing. Most summer internships give great references, so when they check and you get a "meh" one that probably really stands out.

Paul Campos

Silver

Post by Paul Campos » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Your concerns are hyper-neurotic and deeply irrational. Worrying about whether a completely hypothetical lukewarm review from a summer intership supervisor (who isn't even a reference!) will harm your application to a law school is basically crazy. It's like worrying about whether a civilization-destroying asteroid will hit the Earth at exactly the moment you open your acceptance email to YLS. I mean it could happen, but . . .

Seriously, though, you seem to have some severe control issues and obsessive compulsive tendencies that will only be exacerbated by law school and legal practice. You ought to be more concerned about dealing with that than with your applications to law school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”