Silly Question regarding the submitting of LORs

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
billables247

Silly Question regarding the submitting of LORs

Postby billables247 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi all,

I've recently reached out to my undergrad professors for letters of rec (I have already been out of school for a year), and one has already finished up my letter. He is asking the specifics of how he would go about submitting his letter, and I wanted to be as precise as possible to avoid possible mishaps.

1) It is my understanding that we are to supposed to add the professor to my LSAC account, fill out the LOR form, and then have LSAC send them an email with the form attached. They will then create an account using instructions from the email sent, and then upload the letter of rec. Is this the process?

2) this means we don't need to do anything through our university career center, right?

3) Do we need to sign up for the Credential Assembly Service to collect our LORs and apply to law schools?

4) Do you need evaluations in addition to your recommendations? Does it make a difference?

Thanks!

rinkrat19

Re: Silly Question regarding the submitting of LORs

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Unless they've changed something, the reccommender doesn't upload their letter. They print out a form to mail in with the letter, or scan and email with the letter (I think), or fax with the letter.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:06 am

billables247 wrote:4) Do you need evaluations in addition to your recommendations? Does it make a difference?

Don't bother with evaluations. Adcomms don't care about them.

szb5058

Postby szb5058 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 am

Just look at LSAC's website: http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-lor-evaluations.asp

They list out the step-by-step process pretty clearly. You also may want to send this link to your recommenders. If you can follow directions, you'll be fine. If not, you may not want to go to law school :wink:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”