Reporting a Changed Grade to LSAC?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
laballermvp9

Reporting a Changed Grade to LSAC?

Postby laballermvp9 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:06 am

Hello Everyone,

I mailed LSAC the transcripts from all of my undergraduate schools recently. However, a professor changed one of my grades from an A to A+. I understand that LSAC considers an A+ as a 4.33, so it will probably make a difference in my overall GPA. My GPA has been calculated as a 3.48 so I was wondering if this marginal difference is worth going through all the trouble of sending in an updated transcript to LSAC? Also, is it possible that my GPA could jump from a 3.48 to a 3.50 in this case? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

thenewguy

Re: Reporting a Changed Grade to LSAC?

Postby thenewguy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:39 am

laballermvp9 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I mailed LSAC the transcripts from all of my undergraduate schools recently. However, a professor changed one of my grades from an A to A+. I understand that LSAC considers an A+ as a 4.33, so it will probably make a difference in my overall GPA. My GPA has been calculated as a 3.48 so I was wondering if this marginal difference is worth going through all the trouble of sending in an updated transcript to LSAC? Also, is it possible that my GPA could jump from a 3.48 to a 3.50 in this case? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Definitely do it. It depends how many credits it was but you'll probably go up ATLEAST .01 to a 3.49. Is that worth it? I'd say so because it's not THAT hard to resend the transcript. If you hit 3.50 I think thats a psychological difference for the person reading over your apps, not matter what anyone says.

willwash

Re: Reporting a Changed Grade to LSAC?

Postby willwash » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:12 am

thenewguy wrote:
laballermvp9 wrote:Hello Everyone,

Definitely do it. It depends how many credits it was but you'll probably go up ATLEAST .01 to a 3.49. Is that worth it? I'd say so because it's not THAT hard to resend the transcript. If you hit 3.50 I think thats a psychological difference for the person reading over your apps, not matter what anyone says.

As someone with a 3.49, I say with confidence titcr. That mathematically insignificant numerical differences translate into massive admissions decision shifts is proven by the LSAT. How much better, really, is 170 than 169? Yet, LSN will tell me my chance at admission to UVA is virtually nil with 169, but almost a lock at 170.

I know there's a little more to it with the LSAT vice ugpa but I think the general principle is def applicable

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”