Has anybody used LawSchoolAdvice.com for info? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rising5L

New

Re: Has anybody used LawSchoolAdvice.com for info?

Post by rising5L » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Can I even delete posts on my own topic?

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:39 pm

rising5L wrote:Can I even delete posts on my own topic?
You can edit your post and you can delete the last post you made (so long as no one else has made a response yet). In some circumstances the mods may delete the entire post... but they are very reluctant to do so even in times where you may be outted. They usually ask you to just PM everyone involved and have them remove any personal details they may have exposed or quoted.

And to avoid any confusion, I wasn't asking if you deleted anything. A poster had posted a link that showed the personal information of the site creator (you, probably) and it was quickly deleted, as was the next post that used the site creator's name. By "author", I meant the poster who originally posted said link.

rising5L

New

Post by rising5L » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:42 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
rising5L wrote:Can I even delete posts on my own topic?
You can edit your post and you can delete the last post you made (so long as no one else has made a response yet). In some circumstances the mods may delete the entire post... but they are very reluctant to do so even in times where you may be outted. They usually ask you to just PM everyone involved and have them remove any personal details they may have exposed or quoted.

And to avoid any confusion, I wasn't asking if you deleted anything. A poster had posted a link that showed the personal information of the site creator (you, probably) and it was quickly deleted, as was the next post that used the site creator's name. By "author", I meant the poster who originally posted said link.
Ahhh gotcha gotcha I was a bit confused for a minute

rising5L

New

Post by rising5L » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Another question...is Law School Discussions a "TLS approved" site?

BrendanD

New

Post by BrendanD » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:
Chriz wrote:I imagine it was deleted.
I never knew you could get information like that from a URL. Glad I caught that, but I won't report since mods seem to think it's an invasion of privacy... which it probably is, even though it's widely available to anyone who knows they can do that.
I deleted it myself on the off-chance that OP is one of the other 2 authors of the site, rather than the founder himself.

The idea that he just stumbled across a site that isn't linked anywhere and doesn't even show up on Google is amusing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rising5L

New

Post by rising5L » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Googled "how to negotiate law school scholarships" it wasn't exactly magic

RatemyLSATprep

New

Post by RatemyLSATprep » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Can't hate the guy for hustling. I signed up here to promote my blog as well, but I also intend to contribute to the TLS community with some non-trolling discussion.

Chriz

Bronze

Post by Chriz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:46 pm

And you didn't find anything useful in the first 2 pages? 99% sure that it is your website.

Chriz

Bronze

Post by Chriz » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:47 pm

RatemyLSATprep wrote:Can't hate the guy for hustling. I signed up here to promote my blog as well, but I also intend to contribute to the TLS community with some non-trolling discussion.
It is not like he came on here and started telling people about his site. He pretends to be wondering about it. I would have much more respect and I imagine he could drum up more views to his site if he has just come out and asked what people thought of it, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RatemyLSATprep

New

Post by RatemyLSATprep » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Chriz wrote:
RatemyLSATprep wrote:Can't hate the guy for hustling. I signed up here to promote my blog as well, but I also intend to contribute to the TLS community with some non-trolling discussion.
It is not like he came on here and started telling people about his site. He pretends to be wondering about it. I would have much more respect and I imagine he could drum up more views to his site if he has just come out and asked what people thought of it, etc.
That's what I'm hoping to do here with my site (see what people think about it), but I don't want to be labelled a spammer and get banned.

szb5058

New

Post by szb5058 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Well this is awkward.... I'm actually one of the founders of the site. I've posted about it multiple times if you check my history.

I'm on TLS daily so just discovered my site is famous haha maybe not for all the right reasons but hey, f-ck it!

Btw read through the comments and really appreciate the constructive criticism. The point of the site is just to give students yet another tool to use when struggling through admissions and law school. Ill definitely work hard to improve it!

rising5L

New

Post by rising5L » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:16 pm

szb5058 wrote:Well this is awkward.... I'm actually one of the founders of the site. I've posted about it multiple times if you check my history.

I'm on TLS daily so just discovered my site is famous haha maybe not for all the right reasons but hey, f-ck it!

Btw read through the comments and really appreciate the constructive criticism. The point of the site is just to give students yet another tool to use when struggling through admissions and law school. Ill definitely work hard to improve it!
I can't tell if you're messing with me or not but I officially hate all of you people. I'm just going to go to Med School instead.

RodneyRuxin

Bronze

Post by RodneyRuxin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Can we lock this thread?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 pm

rising5L wrote:
szb5058 wrote:Well this is awkward.... I'm actually one of the founders of the site. I've posted about it multiple times if you check my history.

I can't tell if you're messing with me or not but I officially hate all of you people. I'm just going to go to Med School instead.
Lol, you.

I'd believe you if only because you used your initials for your handle. Anyone now suspicious that szb is also the OP? I'm not letting this go.
Last edited by CyanIdes Of March on Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:03 pm

rising5L wrote:

TLS has claimed another victim.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:36 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote:I'd believe you if only because you used your initials for your handle. Anyone now suspicious that szb is also the OP? I'm not letting this go.
It crossed my mind :lol:

szb5058

New

Post by szb5058 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:18 am

Hey so not to beat a dead horse, but any more suggestions of how to improve the site?

It's obviously no where close to finished, and the advice section is really meant to be a work in progress throughout my law school years as a supplement to networking, but any advice at all would be great.

Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Chriz

Bronze

Post by Chriz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:04 pm

szb5058 wrote:Hey so not to beat a dead horse, but any more suggestions of how to improve the site?

It's obviously no where close to finished, and the advice section is really meant to be a work in progress throughout my law school years as a supplement to networking, but any advice at all would be great.

Thanks!
My advice would be just use this account and not your fake account when talking about your website on here.

arkgawilson

Bronze

Post by arkgawilson » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:00 am

rising5L wrote:
I've actually read this one and found it to be a bit (dare i say) overhyped on TLS, which is how I originally came to the lawschooladvice article. I thought it was a bit more in depth, and came here to verify its merits.

I'll definitely read over that one again though.

So cool that you can negotiate law school scholarships. Does any other type of school let you do that?
I wish it were more common. I mean, I suppose if you're a badass academic and a rising star in your field straight out of undergrad (which does happen) PhD programs might throw down some extra $ in your stipend to the extent allowable by the institution, budgets, etc. But, being in a doc program myself, I've never actually seen it happen.

arkgawilson

Bronze

Post by arkgawilson » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:00 am

Chriz wrote:
szb5058 wrote:Hey so not to beat a dead horse, but any more suggestions of how to improve the site?

Thanks!
My advice would be just use this account and not your fake account when talking about your website on here.
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”