Unique situation with a NP

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ao7620

Unique situation with a NP

Postby ao7620 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 am

I received a "No Pass" in a two unit freshman seminar (I was dumb). When the professor for the class (also the dean of the school the class was in) told me that he was going to give me a NP, I told him that I was really worried that it would hurt me if I decided to go to graduate school. He told me that if that day came he would make sure it did not hold me back. He seemed sincere at the time, but I am not sure what/how much he can do.

Now that I am applying to law school I want to go and talk to him about the conversation we had a few years ago. But I don't know what I should ask him for. Should I ask him to write me a letter of recommendation? Is there any way he can get it to not count in my LSDAS GPA? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

It was honestly a stupid mistake and it is one of the few blemishes on my transcript (I have a 3.9 LSDAS GPA with it, 3.96 without). I just want to make sure it isn't what keeps me out of HSY.

Re: Unique situation with a NP

Postby 052220151 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:01 am

ao7620 wrote:I received a "No Pass" in a two unit freshman seminar (I was dumb). When the professor for the class (also the dean of the school the class was in) told me that he was going to give me a NP, I told him that I was really worried that it would hurt me if I decided to go to graduate school. He told me that if that day came he would make sure it did not hold me back. He seemed sincere at the time, but I am not sure what/how much he can do.

Now that I am applying to law school I want to go and talk to him about the conversation we had a few years ago. But I don't know what I should ask him for. Should I ask him to write me a letter of recommendation? Is there any way he can get it to not count in my LSDAS GPA? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

It was honestly a stupid mistake and it is one of the few blemishes on my transcript (I have a 3.9 LSDAS GPA with it, 3.96 without). I just want to make sure it isn't what keeps me out of HSY.

I guess ask him to retroactively change it. The worst he can say is no.

On the other hand, I want to beat you for complaining about a 3.9.

Postby 20141023 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:25 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 am

Did you deserve the NP? If so, suck it up and take it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”