Application fee waiver Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Re: Criminal record

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:58 pm

johngreen wrote:
Regulus wrote:How did the cop drug you? It sounds like he took your money without giving you the goods, so from what you've written thus far you didn't get the drugs from him (and even if you did, you would have used them by yourself, so this wouldn't be "getting drugged by a cop"). Did he have a needle that he used to inject drugs into you, or did he force you to drink something? I'm just not getting this part of the story. :roll:

Rather than excuses like "OP was a minor" or "OP didn't intentionally kill someone" or "OP didn't know it was a cop," the reason of "OP was forced to take a behavior-altering substance by a police officer" seems like it would be a much better defense (if it is true).
He pressured me into smoking marijuana which he laced with LSD
The plot thickens... and becomes even less believable.
johngreen wrote:
cinephile wrote:Regardless of whether you can get in, why are you pursuing this? What do you plan on doing afterward? And did you manage to complete a bachelor's degree while in prison?
I am having trouble finding work and i think this would be a good use of time, a life achievement, and a way of making myself more employable in business.
Have you even considered writing a few novels or making your own history/literary based education web series for profit on YouTube? I think you might be good at some of that.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:00 pm

johngreen wrote:
Regulus wrote:How did the cop drug you? It sounds like he took your money without giving you the goods, so from what you've written thus far you didn't get the drugs from him (and even if you did, you would have used them by yourself, so this wouldn't be "getting drugged by a cop"). Did he have a needle that he used to inject drugs into you, or did he force you to drink something? I'm just not getting this part of the story. :roll:

Rather than excuses like "OP was a minor" or "OP didn't intentionally kill someone" or "OP didn't know it was a cop," the reason of "OP was forced to take a behavior-altering substance by a police officer" seems like it would be a much better defense (if it is true).
You said he robbed you by driving away after taking your money. Now you say he did give you the weed? :?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:02 pm

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:30 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
johngreen wrote:

You said he robbed you by driving away after taking your money. Now you say he did give you the weed? :?
The budding defense lawyer in me is trying to spin this. Now, I could make a great story out of this... But right now it's got so many plot holes that my only hope of winning is that somehow the DA also wanted very dumb credulous people on the jury.

OP, could you just come out and tell the story blow by blow? I mean, it's public record at this point from what I can tell anyway.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 pm

johngreen wrote:
cinephile wrote:Regardless of whether you can get in, why are you pursuing this? What do you plan on doing afterward? And did you manage to complete a bachelor's degree while in prison?
I am having trouble finding work and i think this would be a good use of time, a life achievement, and a way of making myself more employable in business.
Hi. If you want to be employable as a lawyer you have to be admitted to the bar. There are character and fitness requirements. I honestly don't know if you can satisfy those requirements. You need to find an expert. You should call your local bar association and get a referral. You should understand whether you can get admitted before you apply to law schools.

This is just such an individual call that I guess it is impossible to say for sure. Maybe you could get into a low ranked school but with scholarship money.

I just see a very long road in front of you.

I have to say, 30 years is tough. I hope things can work out for you somehow.
Last edited by NYstate on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:36 pm

spleenworship wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
johngreen wrote:

The budding defense lawyer in me is trying to spin this. Now, I could make a great story out of this... But right now it's got so many plot holes that my only hope of winning is that somehow the DA also wanted very dumb credulous people on the jury.

OP, could you just come out and tell the story blow by blow? I mean, it's public record at this point from what I can tell anyway.

Does the story matter here? I have no idea how he can sell this to an admissions committee and it doesnt sound like he has many facts, other than youth, length of sentence served and numbers to help him. Killing a cop is very difficult to explain to admission committees, even if he didn't know he was a cop.

I doubt he wants to be identified.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:44 pm

I doubt he's telling the truth.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:54 pm

TheThriller wrote:I doubt he's telling the truth.
Which is exactly why I'm hoping we can get a blow by blow here people. Settle down.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:45 pm

spleenworship wrote:
TheThriller wrote:I doubt he's telling the truth.
Which is exactly why I'm hoping we can get a blow by blow here people. Settle down.
I can give you one construction: the cop gets him to smoke, then the cop takes the money and drives away without giving him the weed he paid for. He chases the cop in his car, runs the cop off the road and the cop hits a pole head on and dies. He gets arrested, not treated as a juvenile for whatever reason, maybe he pleads to manslaughter with no possibility of parole because killing a cop related a drug deal could possibly be felony murder.
But I know nothing about criminal law. I have vague memories from the bar exam.

OP: here is an article that quotes someone from Fordham- maybe he could help you find someone who can advise you. It at least explains the process of bar admission a little.

http://www.nationaljurist.com/content/d ... d-murderer

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

erik the viking

New

Post by erik the viking » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Mojosodope

Silver

Post by Mojosodope » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 am

johngreen wrote:

You can't smoke LSD.

The cop in Training Day smoked PCP...

jcccc

Bronze

Post by jcccc » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:25 am

Mojosodope wrote:
johngreen wrote:

You can't smoke LSD.

There actually is a work around to smoking weed dipped on LSD. You dip the part of the joint where you inhale with your mouth with LSD and what the fuck would be the point might as well just drop the tab itself. But yea it's not usually done. So TC's story is probably a load of shit.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:49 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:21 am

Dr. Dre wrote:
haus wrote: Does mylsn.info have a "murdered cop" option now?

Hey idiot, OP was convicted on MANSLAUGHTER not MURDER, idiot. I can tell by your poast that you're one of those shitlib trayvon martin supporters who hate zimmerhero cause he "murdered" a teenage kid.

LOL @ you ITT
Bureau of Justice Statistics wrote: State prison sentences

In 2000 the mean length of sentences to State prison was almost
4 years and 7 months; the median term was 3 years. The mean
prison sentence for murder and nonnegligent manslaughter was
nearly 20 years and 8 months; the median was 24 years and 3
months.
source: http://bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/Fssc00.txt
Considering that the OP had a sentence that exceeded the median time for murder/nonnegligent manslaughter, it would seem that the combine offense has more similarity to the more severe end of the spectrum. For planning purposes the OP would be doing himself/herself a disservice to compare themselves to other manslaughter convicts, when the sentence clearly shows that more similarity to those convicted of murder. But it is only an online tool, most of them do not even have good coverage for part-time and non-traditional students, it might take awhile for them to get all the kinks worked out for the various felony convections.

Mojosodope

Silver

Post by Mojosodope » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:44 pm

jcccc wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
johngreen wrote:

You can't smoke LSD.

There actually is a work around to smoking weed dipped on LSD. You dip the part of the joint where you inhale with your mouth with LSD and what the fuck would be the point might as well just drop the tab itself. But yea it's not usually done. So TC's story is probably a load of shit.
I knew you could do that, but its a huge waste of liquid LSD which is hard to find as it is. But that really wouldn't be the weed that is laced, it would be the joint paper or whatever.

RodneyRuxin

Bronze

Post by RodneyRuxin » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:51 pm

sopranorleone wrote:OP can easily get into Cooley. But if OP goes there, he'll just be robbed of more years of his life because he likely didn't realize what he was doing.
This post did not get the attention it deserved.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”