DG class?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
grumpycat

DG class?

Postby grumpycat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi everyone! I tried to search for this but couldn't find. On my transcript it says i have a course that was a DG, dropped grade, and it says I received 0 credit for it, but it's still on my transcript. I remember dropping the course after the deadline to drop courses but before any grade could be put in.
Does this mean this course is going to count as an F for my LSAC GPA?
Also, it says attempted credits 17 and passed credits 14 on my transcript, the course was a 3 hour course.

rinkrat19

Re: DG class?

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:22 pm

grumpycat wrote:Hi everyone! I tried to search for this but couldn't find. On my transcript it says i have a course that was a DG, dropped grade, and it says I received 0 credit for it, but it's still on my transcript. I remember dropping the course after the deadline to drop courses but before any grade could be put in.
Does this mean this course is going to count as an F for my LSAC GPA?
Also, it says attempted credits 17 and passed credits 14 on my transcript, the course was a 3 hour course.

The fact that it counted as attempted credits with 0 credits earned makes it sound like it'll count as an F to me. A non-punitive withdraw (which I assume you would have gotten if you'd dropped it before the deadline) usually doesn't count as credits attempted.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Can you talk to your school about turning it into a retroactive withdrawal?

grumpycat

Postby grumpycat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:30 pm

rinkrat, that's upsetting but thanks for your input :(

cinephile- sorry for my lack of knowledge but who would i go to for that? the registrar? also, what exactly is a retroactive withdrawal? I'm willing to try everything I can for that though. The second I get back to campus, I'm definitely going to try and change this!

And to make it worse, I didn't even fail any grades in that class. I just decided a bit too late that I had too much on my plate as a first semester freshman. i probably would have done well had I stayed and knew this would count against me! it's my mistake and i take responsibility for it, but seriously fu%# LSAC :roll:

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Why not just talk to the registrar and explain your situation? Or the professor for that class and see what he/she can do for you?

grumpycat

Postby grumpycat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:55 pm

Yeah, the registrar's going to be the first person I call tomorrow. After taking a closer look at the LSAC policies page, it states pretty clear what does and doesn't count as an F, and this class is going to.

Seeing as it was a 440 people class, I don't think the professor will do much for a student he doesn't know, but I'll try that out too.

Thanks for all your help, Cinephile.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:56 pm

send in your transcript, see what they do with it.

that's what they'll do with it

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”