Did you bargain with law schools over scholarships?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jenesaislaw

Did you bargain with law schools over scholarships?

Postby jenesaislaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:28 pm

Major publication looking to talk to some students who negotiated with schools to get a better deal. Let me know and I will put the journalist in touch with you.

Voxius

Re: Did you bargain with law schools over scholarships?

Postby Voxius » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:42 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:Major publication looking to talk to some students who negotiated with schools to get a better deal. Let me know and I will put the journalist in touch with you.

You should reach out to Mike Spivey about this; he's an admissions consultant that (I believe) also helps negotiate scholarship amounts. He has a thread in the "Law School Admissions" section.

He could probably give you a better overview than one-off student cases, and he could probably direct you to students that have successfully (and unsuccessfully) tried to negotiate scholarships.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Voxius wrote:You should reach out to Mike Spivey about this; he's an admissions consultant that (I believe) also helps negotiate scholarship amounts. He has a thread in the "Law School Admissions" section.

He could probably give you a better overview than one-off student cases, and he could probably direct you to students that have successfully (and unsuccessfully) tried to negotiate scholarships.

I would hope that if I used an admissions consultant, they would keep my information confidential and not direct journalists to contact me about my scholarship negotiations.

Voxius

Postby Voxius » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Lavitz wrote:
Voxius wrote:You should reach out to Mike Spivey about this; he's an admissions consultant that (I believe) also helps negotiate scholarship amounts. He has a thread in the "Law School Admissions" section.

I would hope that if I used an admissions consultant, they would keep my information confidential and not direct journalists to contact me about my scholarship negotiations.

...and I would assume he'd ask his clients' permission first before giving any detail (since I agree with you Lavitz), but he's probably a good place to start

AlanShore

Postby AlanShore » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:13 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:Major publication looking to talk to some students who negotiated with schools to get a better deal. Let me know and I will put the journalist in touch with you.

i did

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Voxius wrote:...and I would assume he'd ask his clients' permission first before giving any detail (since I agree with you Lavitz), but he's probably a good place to start

Right. I just wanted to clarify that in case anyone thought Mike was about to go around sharing client information.

Sorry if it came off as antagonistic. :)

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 pm

All,

Many thanks, I am speaking with the writer for the publication on Monday, much appreciated. Jensaislaw contacted me and we are all set.

I certainly will get permission from client(s) before I would have them get in touch with the writer, there is no worry there. I am about as confidential professionally as I think it gets --read paranoid.

Thanks again,

Mike

jenesaislaw

Postby jenesaislaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 pm

Anybody interested send me a PM with your email and name.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”