Civil Demand Notice/Letter question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
turningpoint

New

Civil Demand Notice/Letter question

Post by turningpoint » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:01 pm

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California

Before you read on, please please please understand that I am already struggled with my moral image, and I indeed feel horrible and ashamed, I'd greatly appreciate for no more lecturing.
I am 24 now and live in the state of California. This incident happened when I was 18. I stole around $80 worth of clothes and was taken(handcuffed briefly) to a private room by the store securities. They asked for my Driver's license and social security number, made a copy of those. I was also taken a picture. The securities did not call the police and they had just let me go. They told me to pay for the civil demand letter though. I received the civil demand letter about two weeks later and i paid it off promptly.

So here is the question.

1. Was I arrested? (no police was called, was sent home right after having a talk with the securities)

2. Do I need to disclose this in my C&F addendum?

I know it is best to state everything what had happened but I just wanted to ask if civil demand notice matters as well.

And Thank you in advance.

turningpoint

New

Re: Civil Demand Notice/Letter question

Post by turningpoint » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:13 pm

anyone??

Cicero76

Silver

Post by Cicero76 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:38 pm

This is not a forum for dispensing legal advice. You need to contact an actual attorney, probably one who specializes in bar passage/ C&F issues. The advice you get here you shouldn't trust anyway.

Scotusnerd

Silver

Post by Scotusnerd » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 pm

Go ask a practicing lawyer. Just like you wouldn't trust a first-year medical school student to operate on you, don't trust a first-year law student to answer such an important question.

And, as a previous poster said, this is one of the more viciously intelligent forums out there. We're trolls. I wouldn't stake my livelihood on any information I learn here.

chup

Diamond

Post by chup » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 am

Cicero76 wrote:This is not a forum for dispensing legal advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”