Letter of Recommendation Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TennesseeLaw

New

Letter of Recommendation Question

Post by TennesseeLaw » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:16 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by TennesseeLaw on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

hohenheim

Bronze

Re: Letter of Recommendation Question

Post by hohenheim » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:22 pm

As long as it's a strong letter, sounds fine to me.

ManOfTheMinute

Gold

Post by ManOfTheMinute » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 pm

I would say that the professor needs to at least have a PhD - I know a lot of CC "profs" don't.

I would still highly suggest you get two from your current university, and then you can add the CC one. CCs are inherently looked down upon by civilized society (i can say this since I went to one), and I really doubt that LS won't at least discount its importance slightly.

TennesseeLaw

New

Post by TennesseeLaw » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for the advice. All the people I would get letters from at the CC are Ph.D's and graduates of the college I currently attend. The president of the CC is actually a law grad. Only being at my university for a year makes it difficult to find good letters of recommendation.

HYS123

New

Post by HYS123 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Coming from UTK myself I have found most professors to be more than willing to write strong recs. Granted, I may not have had your professors, but keep in mind it is part of their job. Feel free to PM me about specific profs.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Alternative is to finish your senior year and then have 2 full yrs to cultivate strong relationships for LoRs, apply w/ WE fall 2014.

I think one letter from university prof and one from CC would be OK given your educational background. Yale wont like it, but fuck yale they wouldnt like community college credits anyway so who cares.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”