DC area law schools and spring start

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wannabejag

DC area law schools and spring start

Postby wannabejag » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Are there any schools in the DC area that allow you to start in the winter/spring January "ish" term??

40andlegal

Re: DC area law schools and spring start

Postby 40andlegal » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:21 pm

No

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:24 pm

If there are, they aren't law schools you would want ever to attend.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Ti Malice wrote:If there are, they aren't law schools you would want ever to attend.

This.

wannabejag

Postby wannabejag » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:37 am

Ti Malice wrote:If there are, they aren't law schools you would want ever to attend.

This depends on your own personnel situation. I know this is TLS but not everyone desires to go to yale.

heythatslife

Postby heythatslife » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:49 am

wannabejag wrote:

This depends on your own personnel situation. I know this is TLS but not everyone desires to go to yale.

But neither should you seriously consider attending a TTT school. There are very, very few situations that might justify such a choice. (Obviously I don't know what your reasons are, but this is the rule of thumb)
Last edited by heythatslife on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

WanderingPondering

Postby WanderingPondering » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:50 am

wannabejag wrote:

Why would someone not want to go to Yale???

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:22 am

WanderingPondering wrote:
Why would someone not want to go to Yale???

Who would live in New Haven for three years when they could live near Boston?

wannabejag

Postby wannabejag » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 am

heythatslife wrote:
wannabejag wrote:

But neither should you seriously consider attending a TTT school. There are very, very few situations that might justify such a choice. (Obviously I don't know what your reasons are, but this is the rule of thumb)

I totally disagree. Someone who has a 100% free ride where ever they go, has veteran status, desires to work in JAG or the federal government, has 8 years of paralegal work with ties to the feds, is older and doesn't want to take three years off of work, and wants to be happy in a certain geographical location, with minimal interest in big law could very well consider a TTT school.

The reason it is a rule of thumb is because I would guesstimate 3/4 off all law school applicants really don't understand what TTT is, why it matters or what they are really attempting to get into.....I do.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”