Is it really important to be anonymous on TLS?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rebexness

Re: Is it really important to be anonymous on TLS?

Postby rebexness » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:28 am

MarkinKansasCity wrote:I stopped by to say hi to an Adcomm at WUSTL today. I noticed the TLS article on LOR printed out and sitting on her desk. I chuckled and mentioned it. She told me that of course adcomms read stuff on TLS and that "anyone who thinks they're anonymous on TLS is kidding themselves." Then she referenced my posting history. So yes, they're watching, and they know who you are if they give a shit.

Possum gif?

sublime

Postby sublime » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:31 am

iLaw

Postby iLaw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:39 am

Posting anonymously is one thing but there are areas on this site where people post under the name anonymous — that’s when the thread becomes silly.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:47 am

iLaw wrote:Posting anonymously is one thing but there are areas on this site where people post under the name anonymous — that’s when the thread becomes silly.

No, that can be perfectly appropriate in the employment forums, where people don't want to out themselves to employers.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:33 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
iLaw wrote:Posting anonymously is one thing but there are areas on this site where people post under the name anonymous — that’s when the thread becomes silly.

No, that can be perfectly appropriate in the employment forums, where people don't want to out themselves to employers.

+1 And it's fairly strictly controlled. If you post something stupid anonymously, the mods will often out your post.

MarkinKansasCity

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:34 am

rebexness wrote:
MarkinKansasCity wrote:I stopped by to say hi to an Adcomm at WUSTL today. I noticed the TLS article on LOR printed out and sitting on her desk. I chuckled and mentioned it. She told me that of course adcomms read stuff on TLS and that "anyone who thinks they're anonymous on TLS is kidding themselves." Then she referenced my posting history. So yes, they're watching, and they know who you are if they give a shit.

Possum gif?

It would require some fairly close reading to figure out the guy in the gif is actually me. But it's still funny. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”