GPA Trend Addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
shootforthestars

GPA Trend Addendum?

Postby shootforthestars » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:48 am

I should lead by saying I graduated with a pretty high LSAC GPA - ~3.95 (although my school doesn't count A+s, so my GPA according to the school is ~3.9). That said, starting from the summer after my freshman year to the summer before my senior year, my GPA was significantly better - a 4.0 by my school's standards every semester (for seven semesters straight) and higher by LSAC's. Come to my senior year, it dropped to ~3.85 both semesters.

I have two main reasons - I took 19 credits the first semester and 22 the second semester, all hard classes, and I had leadership positions in five different student organizations at the same time. That was incredibly difficult to balance. On top of that, I got sicker and sicker as the year progressed (just went to the hospital last week, actually, which has really thrown off my LSAT prep...hopefully there I'll at least get the consolation prize of some answers/a diagnosis), so I was having to deal with that, too.

I know GPA matters a lot (although not as much as LSAT), and I've read a lot of schools talking about how the trend over the years matters to them as well. As things currently look, if you're just looking at my GPA it seems like I got senioritis and started slacking off. Either that, or it looks like I was comparatively bad at my second major (which I basically completed entirely my senior year). Neither of these seem good. How would I approach an addendum about this? Is an addendum even a good idea?

t-14orbust

Re: GPA Trend Addendum?

Postby t-14orbust » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:49 am

Last edited by t-14orbust on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thenewguy

Postby thenewguy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:47 pm

So you're asking how to write an addendum explaining your 3.95?

Barack O'Drama

Postby Barack O'Drama » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:50 pm

lol

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:55 pm

I understand how you feel. A 3.95 is not a 4.0. I truly get it. I was furious when I got an A- and didn't get the benefit of A+( which I thought I deserved in classes where I got over 100 for the class) I was the same.

I can tell you, however, that this is crazy thinking and crazy talk. No one else appreciates this. You need to understand that you are looking at this in a crazy way and let it go. Be happy with your 3.95.

Don't think about writing an addendum or even mentioning it to anyone ever again.

thenewguy

Postby thenewguy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:59 pm

NYstate wrote:I understand how you feel. A 3.95 is not a 4.0. I truly get it. I was furious when I got an A- and didn't get the benefit of A+( which I thought I deserved in classes where I got over 100 for the class) I was the same.

I can tell you, however, that this is crazy thinking and crazy talk. No one else appreciates this. You need to understand that you are looking at this in a crazy way and let it go. Be happy with your 3.95.

Don't think about writing an addendum or even mentioning it to anyone ever again.

Yeah this post reminds me of that one person in class who is always like "OMG I'M SO PISSED ABOUT THIS TEST" only to reveal he or she got like a flat A instead of an A+, we all know that person, and we all don't like that person, don't be that person.

crestor

Postby crestor » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 pm

What is this I don't even

shootforthestars

Postby shootforthestars » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Haha - oops. Guess I let my inner over achiever run away with me. Thanks for the reality check, all. :)

I understand how you feel. A 3.95 is not a 4.0. I truly get it. I was furious when I got an A- and didn't get the benefit of A+( which I thought I deserved in classes where I got over 100 for the class) I was the same.

Thanks - glad someone gets my crazy side. :)

jcccc

Postby jcccc » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:27 pm

What a fucking stupid thread.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Massive humblebrag ITT.

shootforthestars

Postby shootforthestars » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:35 pm

Not trying to be humble/braggish, just was being a bit too much of an overachiever who needed/received a wake up call. I will also add, I had no life (the way others define it) throughout any of this.

rftdd888

Postby rftdd888 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:00 am

shootforthestars wrote:Not trying to be humble/braggish, just was being a bit too much of an overachiever who needed/received a wake up call. I will also add, I had no life (the way others define it) throughout any of this.

no one cares etc. stop posting about this, silly idea to even post about a 3.95.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”