What Law Schools Worth Going to Are Still Accepting Apps?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lsatim

What Law Schools Worth Going to Are Still Accepting Apps?

Postby lsatim » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:17 pm

I've applied to Alabama and Wash U Stl. Are there any other ones worth going to still open? I realize it's outrageously late but I'd honestly rather go for personal reasons. I'm aware of the retake and scholarship concerns/advantages.

Also, anyone know if on LSAC.org there is still an option to send out for Fall 2013 if that means it's still open?

Thanks

Clearly

Re: What Law Schools Worth Going to Are Still Accepting Apps?

Postby Clearly » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:20 pm

lsatim wrote:I've applied to Alabama and Wash U Stl. Are there any other ones worth going to still open? I realize it's outrageously late but I'd honestly rather go for personal reasons. I'm aware of the retake and scholarship concerns/advantages.

Also, anyone know if on LSAC.org there is still an option to send out for Fall 2013 if that means it's still open?

Thanks

Stats?

Nooblarzlarz

Postby Nooblarzlarz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:11 pm

lsatim wrote:I've applied to Alabama and Wash U Stl. Are there any other ones worth going to still open? I realize it's outrageously late but I'd honestly rather go for personal reasons. I'm aware of the retake and scholarship concerns/advantages.

Thanks

UCLA

Postby 20141023 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Nowhere worth going accepts students in late July.

lsatim

Postby lsatim » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks for the info.

Again thanks for the link to the thread. I'll check it out.

Edited.
Last edited by lsatim on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Don't tell anyone you're going to leave in a year. Tailor your resume and cover letter for the jobs you're applying for, don't emphasize your pre-law frat or whatever's throwing them off.

And this isn't a year off. This is the 24th year of your life, or whatever. Whether you spend that year selling used cars or in law school or in prison, you're spending a year of your life. It's not like someone's putting you in a medical coma and you're losing a year. You're living it if you have the courage to live life. Maybe you don't.

mvonh001

Postby mvonh001 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:24 pm

lsatim wrote:Thanks for the info. Numbers aren't great for TLS: 3.75/162. I graduated first in my field however. Underperformed a lot on the LSAT by about 4 points. I took this past year off and it was just a disaster. I had to move a bunch of times, family issues, employment sucked because all of them said I should go to law school based upon my work history, interests etc and said they knew I was leaving so wouldn't hire. I really don't want to repeat that again. I know it's late as all hell but frankly I think one of those two would be worth going to. I'm also applying for other jobs but I can't imagine doing all this again if I don't get one of them.

My LSN gives me a better than average shot at both schools but obviously that's early in the cycle. I realize a couple of points means everything but so does a year of my life.

Again thanks for the link to the thread. I'll check it out.

retake the lsat and apply for michigan spring start -- i think they still have that.

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:27 pm

mvonh001 wrote:retake the lsat and apply for michigan spring start -- i think they still have that.

No. They have summer start, which would only let OP start 3 months earlier than otherwise.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”