LSAT / Application dilemma

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
raferna3
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 am

LSAT / Application dilemma

Postby raferna3 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Lets try this again...

I took the June LSAT and scored a 161. Going to retake in October. If I apply when the gates open on Sept./Oct. 1, will the schools await my October LSAT score even though I already have one on file?

I am afraid that if I apply before the October test, that schools may reject me before they have a chance to consider my October LSAT.

Any constructive thoughts, suggestions or otherwise are much appreciated.
Last edited by raferna3 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
raferna3
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 am

Re: 2.3 / 170+ / URM ... What to do?

Postby raferna3 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Delete

User avatar
raferna3
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:04 am

Re: LSAT / Application dilemma

Postby raferna3 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Bump.... 78 views and no one can answer this? Come on, TLS! :?

politics89
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

Re: LSAT / Application dilemma

Postby politics89 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:45 pm

I may be wrong but I think theres a spot to list past and future LSAT dates and thus they would know youre planning on taking it again.

User avatar
ScottRiqui
Posts: 3640
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Re: LSAT / Application dilemma

Postby ScottRiqui » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Either they'll be able to tell that you've registered for October, and will hold your packet, or you can let them know, either on the application itself or by getting in touch with the adcomms.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd want to get your applications in so soon if you're planning on re-taking in October. Once they know you're re-taking, they're just going to sit on your application anyway. You could even wait until after the October scores come out before applying, and you'd still meet the ED/EA deadlines for every school I can think of.

User avatar
NYC2012
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 am

Re: LSAT / Application dilemma

Postby NYC2012 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:37 pm

Apply after you get your new LSAT score. November is still perfectly early, and they won't look at your app anyway if they're waiting on another score from you.

ETA: in the meantime you should prepare everything so it's ready to go out the door as soon as your score comes back (e.g. transcripts, LOR, dean certification statement if the school requires it, etc.)

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: LSAT / Application dilemma

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:45 pm

NYC2012 wrote:Apply after you get your new LSAT score. November is still perfectly early, and they won't look at your app anyway if they're waiting on another score from you.

ETA: in the meantime you should prepare everything so it's ready to go out the door as soon as your score comes back (e.g. transcripts, LOR, dean certification statement if the school requires it, etc.)
This.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests