I have 2 W's on my transcript. Please help me understand...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
laww

I have 2 W's on my transcript. Please help me understand...

Postby laww » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:26 am

Hi,

During summer 2012, I signed up for 3 classes. These were full length courses taken over 8 weeks in the summer.

However, due to work and other responsibilities I withdrew from one class. My school gives back 90% of the fees if you withdraw within 1 week so I withdrew and got my money back. However, on my transcript it shows a W.

During winter 2012, I signed up for 2 full length classes as part of an accelerated 3 week winter session. One was physical, in-class course while the other was online. I withdrew from the online course (again, school offers 90% back within a 3 day period for winter) because the professor held live classes during times that were not fitting in with my schedule.

Thus, I have 2 W's on my transcript. They are NOT withdraw-fail. They just say W - Withdrawn.

Will this negatively affect my LSAC gpa? I have a 3.23 UG GPA and without the W's my LSAC GPA is 3.0.

elterrible78

Re: I have 2 W's on my transcript. Please help me understand...

Postby elterrible78 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 am

laww wrote:Hi,

During summer 2012, I signed up for 3 classes. These were full length courses taken over 8 weeks in the summer.

However, due to work and other responsibilities I withdrew from one class. My school gives back 90% of the fees if you withdraw within 1 week so I withdrew and got my money back. However, on my transcript it shows a W.

During winter 2012, I signed up for 2 full length classes as part of an accelerated 3 week winter session. One was physical, in-class course while the other was online. I withdrew from the online course (again, school offers 90% back within a 3 day period for winter) because the professor held live classes during times that were not fitting in with my schedule.

Thus, I have 2 W's on my transcript. They are NOT withdraw-fail. They just say W - Withdrawn.

Will this negatively affect my LSAC gpa? I have a 3.23 UG GPA and without the W's my LSAC GPA is 3.0.

I had a very similar situation, and was similarly worried, but the Ws did not get factored in at all. No need to worry.

lhn5007

Postby lhn5007 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 am

Write an addendum if it will ease your mind.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:11 pm

lhn5007 wrote:Write an addendum if it will ease your mind.

Addenda really should not be used for this sort of thing. It will have no impact whatsoever, so there's no reason to draw extra attention to it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”