Dean's Certification

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
quanop

Dean's Certification

Postby quanop » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:03 am

Is it possible to have anything on your dean certification when you weren't accused or disciplined for anything? Three years ago, a lecturer told me to move seats because I guess she thought i was looking at the paper of someone next to me. But i wasn't and i guess it was proven after(but i don't know this). I was never called up, nor did i receive any type of notification. my grade and everything was normal. Is it possible that something like this could still show up on my dean's cert, or am i just worrying too much?

law2015

Re: Dean's Certification

Postby law2015 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:08 am

you are worrying too much about this. I wouldn't be concerned.

lhn5007

Postby lhn5007 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 am

I don't think you have to worry about this at all. Official punitive actions against you would matter (documented, written on your transcript), not little classroom infractions like this. Also how do you remember something little like that from 3 years ago?! I can't even remember what I wore yesterday.

RoaringMice

Postby RoaringMice » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:33 am

If the professor had reported this to the university, you would have known it. You'd have received paperwork. Since you did not receive a letter or anything notifying you of this issue, the professor considered it handled within the classroom. So it's not on your Dean's whatever, or on your uni records. You're fine.

MikeSpivey

Postby MikeSpivey » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:50 am

quanop wrote:Is it possible to have anything on your dean certification when you weren't accused or disciplined for anything? Three years ago, a lecturer told me to move seats because I guess she thought i was looking at the paper of someone next to me. But i wasn't and i guess it was proven after(but i don't know this). I was never called up, nor did i receive any type of notification. my grade and everything was normal. Is it possible that something like this could still show up on my dean's cert, or am i just worrying too much?

You have zero to worry about. There is not a scenario in the world where this will effect your dean certification.

Happy Gilmore

Postby Happy Gilmore » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:46 pm

He's actually waiting till your senior year to surprise you. Bet you'll never cheat in his class again.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”