University of Washington Admissions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zanardin

University of Washington Admissions

Postby zanardin » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi Everyone,

I took the June 2013 LSAT and got a 163. I have a 3.5 GPA. I am hoping to get admitted to U of Washington this coming admission cycle and apply for their public interest scholarship program. I am debating whether I should retake the LSAT in October. (I had scored a 167-168 pretty consistently on practice tests, so I think I can improve my score) or do you think I can be a strong candidate at U of W with my current stats? I also have two years work experience. Other schools I want to apply to: Boston University, Boston College, Fordham, American, George Washington, Vanderbilt, Emory, UNC, U of Colorado, Lewis and Clark, UC Hastings

Thank you!!

Typhoon24

Re: University of Washington Admissions

Postby Typhoon24 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:32 pm

inb4 wave of retakes.

as it stands, in the past few cycles, 5 people were accepted with your numbers, 5 were denied, and 10 were waitlisted. Unless you're a urm, you have about a 25% chance of being admitted outright.

btw, a heads-up: one this forum, very few will ever let you be satisfied with a sub-170 score or let you mention that you were PTing higher than you scored and not recommend a retake. It is a trained response, like dogs drooling when they see meat.

dr123

Postby dr123 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Where do you want to work? Those schools are all over the country.

you'rethemannowdawg

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Play around with this site. http://mylsn.info/ecr6rc

You may get into U of W, good chance you'll be waitlisted.

Also, you should retake the LSAT. Most of the schools you could go to with a 3.5/163 will be poor financial decisions. ESPECIALLY American.

Don't worry about US News rankings, look at employment prospects and starting salaries http://www.lawschooltransparency.com/

you'rethemannowdawg

Postby you'rethemannowdawg » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:
btw, a heads-up: one this forum, very few will ever let you be satisfied with a sub-170 score or let you mention that you were PTing higher than you scored and not recommend a retake. It is a trained response, like dogs drooling when they see meat.

What a completely pointless thing to say.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:13 pm

you'rethemannowdawg wrote:
Typhoon24 wrote:

What a completely pointless thing to say.

Redfactor

Postby Redfactor » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Last edited by Redfactor on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Happy Gilmore

Postby Happy Gilmore » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 pm

To hard to say. Could go either way. If you don't mind going to any of the other schools you listed, then go ahead and start applying. But if your like me, and your heart is set on 1 or 2 specific schools, then you should retake.

Retaking also puts you in a position to where you might be able to negotiate for scholarship money if you get accepted at a higher ranked school (I'm saying this without any working knowledge of UW's scholarship program, but if they are like everyone else then its worth a shot retaking.)

Good lucks

Bronte

Postby Bronte » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:32 pm

You should retake. Trust me. I didn't retake, and the tens of thousands of dollars it could have saved me eats at me now.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”