How often does LSAC make a GPA mistake? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jadoo

New

How often does LSAC make a GPA mistake?

Post by jadoo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:17 am

Okay, so I just got my academic summary from LSAC. My GPA is abysmal according to my degree granting institution at 2.6. Institutionally there, I have a 2.77, but with transfer credit it's listed as a 2.6 cumulative. Somehow, LSAC is computing my overall cumulative to be a 2.92, a .3 jump from what's listed at my university. My school doesn't use a +/- grading system and the only thing I can think of is that they may have counted credits that didn't transfer properly to my second institution. Is it possible that they made an error? I really wasn't expecting an increase.

NanaP

Bronze

Re: How often does LSAC make a GPA mistake?

Post by NanaP » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 am

jadoo wrote:Okay, so I just got my academic summary from LSAC. My GPA is abysmal according to my degree granting institution at 2.6. Institutionally there, I have a 2.77, but with transfer credit it's listed as a 2.6 cumulative. Somehow, LSAC is computing my overall cumulative to be a 2.92, a .3 jump from what's listed at my university. My school doesn't use a +/- grading system and the only thing I can think of is that they may have counted credits that didn't transfer properly to my second institution. Is it possible that they made an error? I really wasn't expecting an increase.

Take it and run

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:19 pm

jadoo wrote:Okay, so I just got my academic summary from LSAC. My GPA is abysmal according to my degree granting institution at 2.6. Institutionally there, I have a 2.77, but with transfer credit it's listed as a 2.6 cumulative. Somehow, LSAC is computing my overall cumulative to be a 2.92, a .3 jump from what's listed at my university. My school doesn't use a +/- grading system and the only thing I can think of is that they may have counted credits that didn't transfer properly to my second institution. Is it possible that they made an error? I really wasn't expecting an increase.
Credits don't have to transfer from your first institution to your degree-granting institution for LSAC to count them.

jadoo

New

Post by jadoo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:33 pm

Ti Malice wrote: Credits don't have to transfer from your first institution to your degree-granting institution for LSAC to count them.
That makes sense and must be the reason, because everything matches up with the 'degree gpa' The only difference is the cumulative when the transfer credits are factored in. I'll take it, but I'm worried it might be some mistake, lol.

t-14orbust

Gold

Post by t-14orbust » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:39 pm

jadoo wrote:
Ti Malice wrote: Credits don't have to transfer from your first institution to your degree-granting institution for LSAC to count them.
That makes sense and must be the reason, because everything matches up with the 'degree gpa' The only difference is the cumulative when the transfer credits are factored in. I'll take it, but I'm worried it might be some mistake, lol.
Not a mistake, all college courses are factored in. This is the same reason all those people that took a few CC classes and failed and then did well at UG are sad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”