LSAC Academic Summary - Send CLEP Transcripts?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
graphia

LSAC Academic Summary - Send CLEP Transcripts?

Postby graphia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm

I recently submitted transcripts from my undergraduate institutions and LSAC just got done generating my academic summary report. I took 30 credits worth of CLEP/DSST tests and had the results sent to my undergrad. These tests make up 30 pass/fail credits on my undergrad transcript, but do not show up on the LSAC academic summary report under "Unconverted Hours Earned". Do I need CLEP and DSST to send transcripts to LSAC?

tbq1988

Re: LSAC Academic Summary - Send CLEP Transcripts?

Postby tbq1988 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:44 pm

This seems strange. All of my CLEP credits show up under "Unconverted Hours Earned". I wouldn't think you would need to request the CLEP score reports...at least I didn't. Perhaps you should contact LSAC.

graphia

Postby graphia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:52 pm

I did contact LSAC earlier today. The woman I talked to said they didn't do anything with test credits, but I thought that sounded somewhat strange. Guess I'll try calling back again tomorrow and hope I get someone more knowledgable on the line.

twenty

Postby twenty » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:14 pm

You do not need to send in CLEP transcripts. CLEP transcripts are not "college credit" they are scores that some colleges might be willing to award credit for. You also don't need to send in your AP scores or any work-related training (CEUs, AARTS [miltary] transcripts) that some college might give you credit for.

graphia

Postby graphia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:32 pm

So it won't be a problem that even once my degree is awarded my Academic Summary Report will only show 90 semester hours of credit?

twenty

Postby twenty » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:07 am

graphia wrote:So it won't be a problem that even once my degree is awarded my Academic Summary Report will only show 90 semester hours of credit?

Your Academic Summary Report will show 120~ or whatever hours of credit, but 30~ of those credits will appear as "unconverted." It will be pretty obvious from your official transcript that you took CLEPs. At least, that's how it appears on my report.

graphia

Postby graphia » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Right, I understand the deal with the unconverted credits. My issue is that the CLEP/DSST's aren't even showing up as unconverted credits, they're not on the summary report at all. Called LSAC again and they said I'd have to contact my school to get it sorted out, which is obviously not right because the test credits already show up on my undergrad transcript :? .

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”