Undergraduate GPA Calculation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LoveforLaw341

Undergraduate GPA Calculation

Postby LoveforLaw341 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 am

Hey everyone!

I will be applying to law schools this Fall and I have a question regarding the GPA calculation. I am in my last year of undergrad so I still have two more semesters before I graduate, and I am wondering if that is taken into consideration when reviewing applications. I have a ~3.84 LSAC GPA (which I know is pretty solid), but I know after I finish my last year this number will be higher. Does that matter at all or is it like high school to undergrad where they just want to make sure you pass/graduate? I am looking to apply to T14 schools as well as UT and UCLA. I don't know if that makes a difference!

ManOfTheMinute

Re: Undergraduate GPA Calculation

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:37 am

not sure what your question is...

LoveforLaw341

Postby LoveforLaw341 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:01 am

My GPA is not technically complete because I still have two semesters left. My current LSAC GPA is 3.84, but could probably be a ~3.92 after I finish my last two semesters. Will my application be judged solely based on the 3.84, or will schools acknowledge that it may increase? (which could make me more appealing as an applicant for admission/merit scholarships, etc.)

This matters because when calculating my chances on LSN, this specific difference made me go from "strong consider" at Stanford to "weak consider" using the LSAT score of 170-172 (I haven't taken the LSAT yet).

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:07 am

On the 3.84 you will fully be judged tho you can update your transcript after fall grades.come.back to these schools

If you aren't happy with your results this coming cycle, the bump up to a 3.92 will help you pretty significantly at HYSChicagio and for scholarship money at every school that offers it

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:10 am

lol. How could they base the decision on the fact that your grades 'might' go up...Why not on the fact that they might drop?
Of course they base it on your current GPA. The real advice, is start studying for the LSAT now, it may take you a long time to get to the 98th percentile.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”